Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xpel Ultimate...is the ultimate

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 07:30 AM
SMLaker
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xpel Ultimate...is the ultimate

Entire front end and mirrors wrapped. With a good installer, you can't see it. Protected and easier to clean.
Attached Images  
Old 12-08-2015, 07:34 AM
SMLaker
Instructor

Another view
Attached Images  
Old 12-08-2015, 09:27 AM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Looks amazing.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:38 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 973 Likes on 591 Posts

Have what was the best Xpel product at the time on my 2010 GT3 (which my son now has) and it starting to yellow. The car never sits outside and is rarely in the sun- kind of disappointing to say the least. Unfortunately the car is now in AZ and the place that did is in IA so the "warranty" is useless...
Old 12-08-2015, 12:35 PM
SMLaker
Instructor

Originally Posted by skl
Have what was the best Xpel product at the time on my 2010 GT3 (which my son now has) and it starting to yellow. The car never sits outside and is rarely in the sun- kind of disappointing to say the least. Unfortunately the car is now in AZ and the place that did is in IA so the "warranty" is useless...
That's terrible. My installer was using 3M back then, switched to Xpel in '12 because he said there new product( self healing nanotechnology) was much better...for what that's worth. Now with a 10yr warranty inclusive of yellowing.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:54 PM
skl
Rennlist Member

Mine is the self healing stuff- may push them to see about redoing it in AZ- sure not taking the car back to IA just for that!!
Old 12-08-2015, 01:30 PM
n3rd
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 42 Posts

It's my understanding from the warranty pamphlet that it is a nationwide warranty. I just had my entire car wrapped and asked this question. LMK if you need me to send you the warranty pamphlet.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:38 AM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 71 Likes on 38 Posts

Yes, XPEL carries a nationwide warranty, please send us a PM with your contact details and i'll get you in touch with our local rep in your area. We'd like to fix the issue you're having.

Old 12-09-2015, 09:29 PM
skl
Rennlist Member

PM sent- thanks.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:47 PM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

Nice customer service Xpel
Old 12-13-2015, 06:39 PM
kskpsu
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Will be interesting to hear skl's feedback once complete. I had similar issues with the Xpel product on my BMW 1M...yellowed as a garage queen. I followed just about everything out there as preventative maintenance..no petroleum based products on my car, Xpel branded cleaner and sealant, etc. With 4 yrs and 5k miles under my belt, it was not looking good. The challenge is that their warranty pays pennies on the $ for labor compared to what you paid on the original install...probably true for any manufacturer's warranty and not just Xpel. If you go back to the shop you installed at, they will likely manage with it as a goodwill gesture (and having made full margin on the initial work). If you try the national warranty route at another authorized installer, however, you will likely not get the same results if they are even willing to take on the project. In my case, I had it done in Illinois originally, and later moved to Minnesota. Even though I have a good rapport with the MN installer, it was still a challenge for them with the labor payment proposition. Ended up just replacing the hood and fenders and not the bumper since it is on a different plane and line of sight, not to mention more labor intensive. Best bet is trying to find a film that will hopefully keep you out of warranty scenarios...for me, Suntek has been solid thus far (also self-healing). If I ever need to exercise the warranty, I'll likely be in the same predicament.
Old 12-14-2015, 12:28 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 71 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by kskpsu
Will be interesting to hear skl's feedback once complete. I had similar issues with the Xpel product on my BMW 1M...yellowed as a garage queen. I followed just about everything out there as preventative maintenance..no petroleum based products on my car, Xpel branded cleaner and sealant, etc. With 4 yrs and 5k miles under my belt, it was not looking good. The challenge is that their warranty pays pennies on the $ for labor compared to what you paid on the original install...probably true for any manufacturer's warranty and not just Xpel. If you go back to the shop you installed at, they will likely manage with it as a goodwill gesture (and having made full margin on the initial work). If you try the national warranty route at another authorized installer, however, you will likely not get the same results if they are even willing to take on the project. In my case, I had it done in Illinois originally, and later moved to Minnesota. Even though I have a good rapport with the MN installer, it was still a challenge for them with the labor payment proposition. Ended up just replacing the hood and fenders and not the bumper since it is on a different plane and line of sight, not to mention more labor intensive. Best bet is trying to find a film that will hopefully keep you out of warranty scenarios...for me, Suntek has been solid thus far (also self-healing). If I ever need to exercise the warranty, I'll likely be in the same predicament.
PMed
Old 12-21-2015, 08:46 PM
Briby
Advanced

That XPEL looks great on the OP. I've heard nothing but good things, and know that they're trusted with some pretty incredible machines. Nice to see them being active here and doing right by customers. Way to go all around!
Old 12-21-2015, 09:07 PM
Banned

I'm betting if your clear wrap yellowed you possibly didn't have Xpel .
Old 12-26-2015, 04:53 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Thinking of XPel on my new 981S. I'm in suburban Philly. My dealer Porsche of the Main Line has done many and apparently does good work. Anyone know a custom installer in the area, or should I just go with dealer? Asking around $2400 for partial front, rockers and rear fender near air intake. Suggestions?

Quick Reply: Xpel Ultimate...is the ultimate