Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions for seat heat please

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 03:10 PM
1GoodTurn
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions for seat heat please

Hello. Looking for possible suggestions for a quality (simple) plug and play heated pad to fit in a sport adap seat that, for some reason not fathomable to me, was ordered without heat (or ventilation). Which of course is easy for me to say because I am looking at pre-owned and wasn't the one checking the original "box" or boxing the original check. So, I found a car I really like but no joy. Admittedly I appreciate it in my 997 cab and think I would want it in a Boxster. Any help is appreciated!
Old 11-06-2015, 10:00 AM
mikeearly
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 1GoodTurn
Hello. Looking for possible suggestions for a quality (simple) plug and play heated pad to fit in a sport adap seat that, for some reason not fathomable to me, was ordered without heat (or ventilation). Which of course is easy for me to say because I am looking at pre-owned and wasn't the one checking the original "box" or boxing the original check. So, I found a car I really like but no joy. Admittedly I appreciate it in my 997 cab and think I would want it in a Boxster. Any help is appreciated!
As an owner of a couple of convertibles over the past couple of years -- I would say that having a seat heater is very, very worthwhile!

That said, I had seat heaters added to a couple of my SUV's before they had that option (or it just wasn't on my car). The installation was done by an auto accessories shop - wheel focused shop in one case and stereo focused in the other -- can't imagine that you would not be able to find a business willing to do the same for you. Internet search on "seat heater install in city, state" should do wonders.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:23 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,283 Likes on 594 Posts

I asked this question some years back with my .2 Spyder. Someone forgot to tick the box and I have an open air car, driveable 12 months of the year, with no seat heating. What was the OP thinking? He wasn't.

Search this Forum for an earlier post that I made as there were some exact solutions. I'll try and find it...
Old 11-06-2015, 10:42 AM
1GoodTurn
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks "Zeus" (remember me?), I'd appreciate your exact solutions. I've searched this and the 997 forum and couldn't find anything. Hundred plus views between both posts and no responses until the two above (not including nacklenakie, "welcome and I don't quite get the connection from metal detecting, but welcome none the less"). Mike, thanks for that suggestion as well. I was leery to have a shop (any shop in NC) tear apart an 18 way powered adaptive Porsche seat especially when Porsche told me that the seat elements are attached inside each segment individually and don't even think about having them retro-fit it. Plus the controller wouldn't handle the change. Maybe the right system with a separate switch, but will it throw enough heat compared to factory, I don't know. Still searching.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:47 AM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ride motorcycles and have heated jacket. My jacket heats me up in seconds with very little draw of current. Ordering a Spyder and thought of getting with the non heated special LWB seats and keeping the jacket in the car. The jacket plugs into the 12 volt socket and has a variable heat adjustment. Will keep you warmer than the heated seats.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:13 AM
Croc999
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

i'm also up to getting my seats heated.
Stock heaters heat not only back and bottom cushions but also side bolsters.
Seat foam for heated seats is different - i wonder how well aftermarket heat pads integrate with the "non heated" cushions....
Old 11-07-2015, 07:24 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

You can go the over the top route as well and retrofit heated seats....

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=93689
Old 11-07-2015, 07:29 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Thread from zeus993

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=93689

Quick Reply: Suggestions for seat heat please