Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

momentary "Interim Service Now" on startup?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 01:29 PM
TheDatanator
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by william_b_noble
well, there's a thought - I didn't realize there was a service message screen - I guess I'll have to find it and see if it provides additional information - it must be on that large screen display that I dislike so much - I'll see what I can find in the manual on how to get there.
The screen I was in was the right-most in the gauge cluster - the LCD display. Go under the settings area and you can find the messages screen. Use the stalk to do this.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:13 AM
william_b_noble
Burning Brakes

ok, thanks, found it before finding your reply - it says I have 3 messages:
next service at 38xxx miles
Interim service now
Oil change now

I have just over 2,000 miles on the car - this makes no sense - maybe I should just take it to the dealer and say "service it and don't give it back until you are sure I won't see that light again this year" - I did prepay for 4 years of maintenance
Old 10-08-2013, 02:53 AM
william_b_noble
Burning Brakes

dealer promised to call back promptly - it's been over a month, no call - I guess they don't give a Sh**t about owners any more - disappointed.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:15 AM
william_b_noble
Burning Brakes

after filing a complaint with Porsche cars, I finally got some action, they say there is a software fix for this and that the new SW is released. Next step is to get to dealer and get new SW installed.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:08 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks for the update. I'll be checking with my dealer soon to see if they have heard of this resolution to the problem.

If it is a software problem (and this seems very likely) it's curious that there are not a lot more people encountering this issue.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:32 AM
william_b_noble
Burning Brakes

according to Porsche they said they have fixed this in a new SW release - they specifically mentioned the problem of improper service alert - I am taking the car in first thing tomorrow, we shall see what happens. I think my car had a non-standard delivery method, I was told it was bought by the dealer directly from Porsche USA rather than via the regular channels, and the clock was still on Stutgart time, maybe that is a hint, I don't know. It had 20 miles on it when I bought it
Old 10-25-2013, 01:15 AM
william_b_noble
Burning Brakes

Default here's what the dealer did

see attached - it took about two hours to find the software, load the disk with the new software, discover that there was now a "system fault" display, load new display software, and give me the car back - the info in the attachment may help you. Dealer said they had seen two instances of this - not clear if my car was therefore the second or the third.
Attached Images  
Old 10-25-2013, 11:17 AM
TheDatanator
Instructor

Originally Posted by william_b_noble
according to Porsche they said they have fixed this in a new SW release - they specifically mentioned the problem of improper service alert - I am taking the car in first thing tomorrow, we shall see what happens. I think my car had a non-standard delivery method, I was told it was bought by the dealer directly from Porsche USA rather than via the regular channels, and the clock was still on Stutgart time, maybe that is a hint, I don't know. It had 20 miles on it when I bought it
fantastic news! I'm going to drop by my dealer today and try to get mine fixed!!! Up till now they just said to watch for 10K miles as the service point and to put up with the alerts. LOL - I'm a pretty patent guy but I'm a bit tired of seeing that yellow screen !
Old 10-25-2013, 09:24 PM
TheDatanator
Instructor

Update: I had the car updated - we will see if this fixes the problem!
Old 10-26-2013, 01:24 AM
william_b_noble
Burning Brakes

well, so far, the yellow light stayed away, but interestingly enough, when I got the car back the time zone had shifted east by 2 zones.

Quick Reply: momentary "Interim Service Now" on startup?