Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: RS60

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 09:38 PM
osugasman
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTB: RS60

Anyone somewhat near Cincinnati looking to get rid of their 2008 RS60? Preferably with sport exhaust and dark gray interior. Cash deal.

THX, Brian
Old 12-31-2011, 03:39 PM
osugasman
Racer

Wow, no takers?
Old 12-31-2011, 03:41 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

I know of one for sale in the bay area, but I can't help you in Cincinnati
Old 12-31-2011, 04:07 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Did you do a search on Autotrader? There are usually a few on there.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:16 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

BTW, Brian, I noticed your screen name. Have you read this article yet?
http://www.bmj.com/content/343/bmj.d...=w_ga_mpopular
I love passing it on to any 'gasmen' I know
Old 12-31-2011, 10:12 PM
osugasman
Racer

orthojoe:

"We had predicted that the anaesthetist group might outperform the orthopaedic group, as intellectually challenging activities such as crosswords and Sudoku are popular among anaesthetist"

Very funny article. A few interesting "facts":
1. No surprise that an orthopod is stronger than an anesthesiologist, you are stronger than ANY specialty in medicine.
2. I do feel that as an anesthesiologist, the LEFT hand should have been tested on all physicians since an anesthesiologist requires much more strength in the laryngoscope and mask manipulation hand as opposed to the intubate and paperwork hand (and of course, right handedness is approximately 90% of the population).
3. Pending an appropriate IQ test, we all should be smarter than the average american (I, myself was valedictorian in a class over 400 people of average america). Everyone knows that in general orthopedics requires higher board scores to match into. What I find surprising is that, IN BRITAIN, they are much dumber than in America. Is this a reflection of the quality of physicians we should expect should we see universal healthcare here??????

If we truly adopt universal care on top of skyrocketing med school costs, we will see no truly gifted people venture into medicine anymore. They will choose a less expensive more financially rewarding career field.

Good talking with ya!! --Brian
Old 12-31-2011, 10:27 PM
CW-VIESOCK
Skunk Whisperer
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

This one fit your criteria?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RS-60...item2c61e71d28
Old 12-31-2011, 11:16 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by osugasman
orthojoe:

"We had predicted that the anaesthetist group might outperform the orthopaedic group, as intellectually challenging activities such as crosswords and Sudoku are popular among anaesthetist"
I burst out laughing when I read that part. Did you read the references? The first three references are 1) A classic YouTube video 2) An article entitled "Are orthopedic surgeons gorillas?" 3) The critical follow-up paper, "Are orthopedic surgeons REALLY gorillas?"

What I find surprising is that, IN BRITAIN, they are much dumber than in America. Is this a reflection of the quality of physicians we should expect should we see universal healthcare here??????

If we truly adopt universal care on top of skyrocketing med school costs, we will see no truly gifted people venture into medicine anymore. They will choose a less expensive more financially rewarding career field.

Good talking with ya!! --Brian
Too true and likewise!
Old 01-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Anyone somewhat near Cincinnati looking to get rid of their 2008 RS60? Preferably with sport exhaust and dark gray interior. Cash deal.

THX, Brian
Hi Brian,

Just a quick note, sport exhaust is standard equipment on the RS60 so they all have it.

Best regards and Happy New Year,
Dino
Old 01-01-2012, 04:29 PM
osugasman
Racer

Thanks all. There are a couple of nice examples on ebay and some not so nice ones from autotrader. I am bidding on the silver/gray model in Wisconsin. Not sure how high I want to go, they seem to want $48 and it should be priced lower (42ish maybe?).
Old 01-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Thanks all. There are a couple of nice examples on ebay and some not so nice ones from autotrader. I am bidding on the silver/gray model in Wisconsin. Not sure how high I want to go, they seem to want $48 and it should be priced lower (42ish maybe?).
I'm guessing you are basing your values on KBB or something like that. The car you are considering has much lower mileage than the others available that seem to be in the $42K range you mention. Although, I'd think a dealer in Wisconsin would be more than happy to sell a convertible in the winter.

Last edited by Dino944; 01-01-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:12 PM
osugasman
Racer

Dino944: What do you think would be a reasonable offer? Also, are the leather options truly "natural" leather? On newer models, natural is available in gray but not red, I thought...
Old 01-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Dino944: What do you think would be a reasonable offer? Also, are the leather options truly "natural" leather? On newer models, natural is available in gray but not red, I thought...
Hi Brian,

The leather in the RS60 is different than the standard leather. Its my understanding that the coloring/dyeing process is different with the natural leathers. The side bolsters on my seats feel a little more supple than the standard leather on my friend's Cayman S. Also, there are perforations on the center seating surface, steering wheel, and door panels on RS60s. I hope that helps with your leather question.

As for pricing, I think things like KBB are a useful tool, but they tend to be more accurate with regular sedans than specialty cars like Porsches. P car buyers are more particular than buyers of many other makes, and mileage often means more to a P car buyer than an Acura buyer.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 01-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

When I was ordering my Spyder the natural leather was only available in Red and Cocoa, sounds like the earlier cars had a broader offering of the natural leather.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Dino944
Drifting

The natural leathers choices used to be red, cocoa, and dark gray.

The standard gray offered around 2008 and 2009 is much lighter color than the dark gray used in RS60s.

Quick Reply: WTB: RS60