Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remus Titanium Exhaust for 987's from GMP Performance

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 04:22 PM
GMP Performance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yikes,

I sincerely apologize for your not having a good experience with one of our associates. While it is nearly impossible for us to answer every question off the cuff..we try to do the best, with the information we are given from our suppliers.

While we are not currently a stocking dealer with Remus parts on the shelf, we will be soon!

Oh, we did answer question #1 in our post above, but I am awaiting the DB levels and dyno charts from Remus as we speak!

Justin @ GMP
Old 02-20-2012, 07:12 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by GMP Performance
Yikes,

I sincerely apologize for your not having a good experience with one of our associates. While it is nearly impossible for us to answer every question off the cuff..we try to do the best, with the information we are given from our suppliers.

While we are not currently a stocking dealer with Remus parts on the shelf, we will be soon!

Oh, we did answer question #1 in our post above, but I am awaiting the DB levels and dyno charts from Remus as we speak!

Justin @ GMP
Thanks, I appreciate your response and look forward to the answers. you are certainly welcome to PM or email me with them

Jack
Old 02-21-2012, 06:48 PM
GMP Performance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default updates

Per REMUS:

1. what is the weight savings over stock?

27 Lbs. (Just the weight savings alone is worth almost 4 H.P.
@ 1 H.P. per 7 Lbs.)

2. what if any is the Hp and torque increase and where in the RPM curve does it happen?

Unfortunately we don’t have a credible back to back dyno comparo’ on the new “Ti2” systems as of yet. We have ‘anecdotal’ U.S. evidence only on the “S” versions, and that comes from forum posts we have read over the years where customers have seen 15 – 18 H.P increases in the mid to top end range. I’ll attach a REMUS Audio Dyno test cell H.P. comparison on a previous model done on European fuels which are less oxygenated than U.S. fuels. This should be ‘somewhat’ representative of where the increases will take place.

The anecdotal results referred to earlier are U.S. results. We do have a credible dyno comparo’ on a Non S and it saw a 10 H.P increase in the 5000 – 5500 R.P.M. done by The Racer’s Group, a very reputable customer of ours here in No. CA, two years ago. This does tend to bolster the “anecdotal” results of the “S” version.

The “Ti2” has larger tubes (60mm vs. 54mm) so we expect these to perform better overall. As soon as we get credible dyno evidence we will make sure everyone has it.

3. what is the max "db" noise factor as read/ heard from outside the car, and at what distance?

Again, too new of a system to have this info’ available. We do know that over 100 Cayman S REMUS ‘Race’ systems have been sold in CA alone. Laguna Seca, a very popular track day venue has a 92 db sound maximum. And the Cayman S crowd comes out in big numbers there. No one has ever reported being black flagged there for exceeding the db limit. However, we are also aware that cars tend to let up where the sound meter is, so this may not be a reliable indicator. Our first set sold to a Doctor in San Antonio, Texas, and he has reported that the car has an “incredible sound, and the more I drive it, the more I like it” (his words).

4. What and how noticable is inside drone at say 2000-2500 RPM as this is the normal cruise RPM at 70-75 mph (yes 75b is legal in Texas)

Inside cabin drone should be comparable to our stainless ‘Race’ systems. We call it a “low end rumble” more than a “drone” that can be considered negative. Any 6 cylinder engine with pistons that large that has a free flow exhaust will exhibit some “low end rumble” - some systems are worse than others. We tend to be considered one of the least bothersome in this regard. In our almost 4 year history selling the stainless ‘Race’ version, one (1) person was so aurally sensitive, that he wanted to sell it. This was two years ago, at the point where we had over two hundred sold. This is a very good ratio of happy end users to one unhappy. Btw, he sold it for almost what he paid.

Hope this helps!
Old 02-21-2012, 10:28 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 79 Posts

Thanks so much for your reply and I appreciate your candidness.

Our first set sold to a Doctor in San Antonio, Texas, and he has reported that the car has an “incredible sound, and the more I drive it, the more I like it” (his words).

He is a good friend of mine and I have been in his car,a Cayman R. Your system does sound good. I have also heard it from outside at a recent autocross and it is well within reasonable sound levels.

Bottom line is your titanium system is in my plans and I will contact you soon. Thanks so much

Jack
Old 02-22-2012, 10:31 AM
GMP Performance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Our pleasure,

Justin @ GMP
Old 02-22-2012, 11:17 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

If I didn't have PSE already I would definitely have this on the list of future mods. Three good reasons to purchase it, reduced weight, more horsepower and better sound!

The only gripe I have is I wish the tips were polished and not a brushed finish.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:25 PM
khooni
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

was there a Ti version? Is it earlier than the Ti2 version or are they the same thing?
Old 06-18-2012, 12:11 PM
GMP - Matthew
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Morning guys. I have some answers for those questions mentioned above.

For “Khooni” No, there was only titanium for the M/C division (where super light weight is even more critical) a decade ago,

and auto “Titanium2” is their second major R & D development in the titanium world, thus “Titanium2” and it’s now 2 years old.

For “Marine Blue” There is also High Heat Ceramic Satin Black available, and for the mo. of June, REMUS USA / GMP Performance

is throwing in this $250.00 option

Quick Reply: Remus Titanium Exhaust for 987's from GMP Performance