Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW Cayman Series - N.A.S.A Intercontinental Trophy Cup Series utilizing the Cayman S

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 04:25 PM
GeoffJr@Isringhausen
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEW Cayman Series - N.A.S.A Intercontinental Trophy Cup Series utilizing the Cayman S

This is the official press release from N.A.S.A. on their inaugural INTERCONTINENTAL TROPHY CUP SERIES utilizing the Porsche Cayman S.

N.A.S.A. PRO RACING is excited to announce that in 2011 it will be expanding its professional racing efforts by introducing the newly formed INTERCONTINENTAL TROPHY CUP SERIES or ITC. Intercontinental Trophy Cup will be a new growing and expanding series with the vision of providing not just another racing venue but a clear and defined path for the new and upcoming talents emerging from a variety of racing styles such as karting and club racing, into a semi-professional series.
In addition to providing a development path to professional racing ITC will be NASA’s first nationally touring semi-professional series.

ITC will provide a structure to assist the development of a driver and team not only on the track but off also. ITC will have the staff and partners in place to help teams and drivers foster business partnerships and develop marketing strategies for this new and ever changing economy.

ITC will create a new standard in the way teams look at the business of Motorsports. ITC will be focused on the total image of the series, teams and drivers drawing effective top quality partners and suppliers creating a successful series.

ITC will start its inaugural season in 2011 utilizing the Porsche Cayman. ITC will operate with a two-class system; P1 and P2.
The P1 class will utilize the 2009 to present Porsche Cayman S. The P2 class will be open to 2008 and older Caymans and will be made comparable with different vehicle dynamics being utilized but always being regulated by horsepower to weight. All cars will be held to a set of rules pertaining to building quality and design ensuring consistency and safety. Cars will be “Open Livery” with Livery design consultation to ensure proper representation and image for the series.

Participants will be encouraged to form 2-car teams to compete in the series. This allows for driver teams and supporting shops to work together to reduce expenses and create image and development. This also ensures car count and involvement throughout the season.

Our Cayman S is being developed by Doug Livingston as the spec for the P2 Class. The engine and suspension have been dialed in by Doug, David Wilks and their crew and all that's left to be done on the P2 car is for the interior to be stripped out. If anyone would like more information on the series or would like to participate, feel free to contact me and I can give you Doug's contact info to you. He will be more than happy to help you out and get you on the way to joining the series.

View photos of the car on our facebook in the album ITC: P2 Porsche Cayman S racecar -->> http://www.facebook.com/IsringhausenImports

We are new to the RL community and look forward to contributing to the site. We are a new Porsche, Mercedes-Benz and BMW store, but above all else, we are enthusiasts and race fans like all of you. We look forward to becoming a part of this community and serving you.

Thanks for looking Renn List!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:06 AM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome thing that this is really going to happen.

Can you post the specs for the car, so we can start converting our cars through the winter?

What would be the allowances for the P2 cars to make them equivalent to the P1 cars (ECU or less Weight)?

I hope the rules are such that they have some match with PCA (or Interseries or GrandAM) so the car can be run across the different clubs (GTB2 for PCA)
Old 12-07-2010, 01:20 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Interesting...
Old 12-07-2010, 08:21 PM
early_grayce
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, looks interesting.

I presume updates will come up here:
http://www.trophycupracing.com/
Old 12-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Ernie J
Pro

Time is moving on !
Old 12-14-2010, 07:17 AM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Does anyone other than the makers of the Series have any clues about the spec build?
If so, Please post!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 08:23 PM
sleder
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Come on with the rules, build spec's... time is flying and winter will be over by the time we can build to spec.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:22 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,629 Likes on 2,314 Posts

god, is it that hard to post some fk'g ruls.
is this how a series start?
where are the organizers? leadership?
Old 12-16-2010, 10:26 PM
Alos
Instructor

Cool, I love the idea
Old 12-17-2010, 12:13 PM
GeoffJr@Isringhausen
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Sorry for the delay on posting the spec guys.. Still waiting on it from ITC. I did hear they just finished, so hopefully I will have it for you all later today
Old 12-20-2010, 05:03 PM
GeoffJr@Isringhausen
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

See complete spec sheet, race dates & converting Interseries Caymans
on the link below, I wasn't able to add the attachment.

http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/boxs...tml#post793770
Old 12-21-2010, 02:23 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Interesting. Didn't even know we were being considered for the series...
Old 12-28-2010, 12:03 PM
cparkin
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Me either, Mike has been working with them for a while on suspension setups.

Casey
Old 01-01-2011, 04:58 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 600 Likes on 268 Posts

Gents,

I know the people that are getting together to form this series. This is HUGE for Cayman supporters. They will have a home for 1st and 2nd generation Caymans (EFI and DFI cars) with rules very similar to existing series rules so that it's easy for guys and gals with existing PCA, HSR/Interseries, NASA type Caymans, whatever.

When things with us for 2011 pan out, we would like to eventually get one of our Caymans over there. Sit tight though. Cars are being built and run by some pretty successful past Grand-Am Porsche guys and there should be lots of additional Porsches showing up that are somewhat orphaned right now.

I ran NASA for 2 seasons in Southern California before moving to Florida and it was some of the best fun and best racing I remember. The whole HPDE format allows you to go from lapping right into racing, which you can't unfortunately do in the SCCA. You can in PCA but only very small car clubs have racing and lapping. The fact that the Cayman is going to have a home in NASA is awesome for Cayman lovers and hopefully it will generate work for teams like us that build Cayman race cars from the street up.

Good luck. I'm hoping it does well. They're trying to get it all organized ASAP is all I know for now.

John
Old 01-02-2011, 09:26 PM
goITC
7th Gear

Hello everyone! I want to take a minute to introduce myself, and have joined the forum to facilitate communication among potential drivers and teams for the Intercontinental Trophy Cup Series. My name is David Hunt, and I am excited to be working on Driver and Team Development for the series! We completely understand the importance of communicating rules and information in order for each one of you to determine your willingness to participate in the Championship. Rather than send out incomplete information a couple of months ago, we were focused on making sure we had everything in place before we sent info out. Please feel free to call the ITC office in Indy at 317-759-6100 for more information or email me directly at david@trophycupracing.com. Looking forward to a great 2011!!!

Last edited by goITC; 01-02-2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: incomplete

Quick Reply: NEW Cayman Series - N.A.S.A Intercontinental Trophy Cup Series utilizing the Cayman S