Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

19' Carrera S rims on 05 Boxster S

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 09:54 PM
yipekiya
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 19' Carrera S rims on 05 Boxster S

Can I fit 11" Carrera S 19's on my 05 Boxster S.

Hopefully...

Thanks
Rob
Old 11-26-2008, 03:02 PM
tinman
Rennlist Member

Yes, they wil fit, even with the 5 mm factory spacers (conservative option)....I have a set of the wheels you're thinking about, bought them 3 years ago after I bought my 06 S', but never got around to getting the tires for them. (for example, I only have 3200 miles on my car in 3 years). I bought them from a rennlister who was very honest and knowledgeable. He took them off his Boxster after less than 100 mile and there are no significant scratches or marks, from the tires unmounting or the shipping to me. Me I'm thinking about saving and moving up to a Targa 4S, in a few years....If you're interested let me know. As for the 11" width, I wasn't aware that they came in differen widths, will measure if required.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:38 AM
JW911
Three Wheelin'

Received 353 Likes on 183 Posts

The Carrera S wheels made for a Boxster S will of course fit. But the identical wheel made for a 911 Carrera will be too wide and wrong offset. Won't fit.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:33 AM
tinman
Rennlist Member

JW911
In the Teq brochure they list the 19" Carrera S wheel as an aftermarket option. As a new car option they are both listed as 403 for the option. I bought a set of 19" S' for for my Box S as soon as I bought my car, and 3 years later they are still in my garage. I bought them from a knowledgeable guy on his blog thru E-Bay named Chris C. I never got around to buying the tires and mounting them because my car did not come with TPMS and that has always worried me. I don't want a blow out at a high speed on a rim that I won't feel it on till the rubber is gone, I imagine. I've considered buying aftgermarket TPMS systems from TireRack.com (don't knock it, it may work), I've put 3500 miles on my car in 3 years, so I may just wait a bit and buy a Targa 4S. It was unfortunate, but at the time I bought my car TPMS was coming.....mine is an 06, so there is no spare, just the superglu in a can. I have the original brochures for both the cars, and they don't go into rim widths, But I imagine if Chris C didn't have any clearance issues, than they should fit. I am usomg the 5 mm teq spacers, and I'm sure the 7/12 mm setup would make the car look even better. But I'm kinda holding back on spending on it, since I've only pu5 3500 miles on it in 3 years.

howard
(06 Boxster S, GT Silver Cocoa, optional hardtop, nav, but no PASM, bought a car on the lot, and had driven the PASM car and found it fairly harsh...bad back....)......BTW....love it!!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 06:37 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 14 Posts

I put some on our 2006 Boxster. We original factory wheels on a Cayman S.
Attached Images  
Old 11-29-2008, 06:37 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 14 Posts

I put some on our 2006 Boxster. Were original factory wheels on a Cayman S.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:40 AM
JW911
Three Wheelin'

Received 353 Likes on 183 Posts

The Carrera S rear wheel manufactured for the Boxster and Cayman has a 9.5 inch width and 46 offset.

The Carrera S rear wheel manufactured for the 911 Carrera has an 11 inch width and 67 offset.

The front wheels are the same.

The wheels look identical, but the rears are different sizes and manufactured to fit either a 911 or Boxster/Cayman, but not both.

So if Chris C. didn't have a fitment problem, I have to wonder why you are asking...

If they came off a Boxster, then they are probably the 9.5 inch Boxster size. There only one way to find out for sure. Get out the Jack and the socket wrench. You could have the rears on in 15 minutes. I hope they fit. They look killer on the Boxster.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:23 PM
tinman
Rennlist Member

JW911, actually I don't have to get out the jack, the wheels are still boxed as they were when I got bought them from Chris C. He seemed to be very knowledgeable. So all I have to do is go measure them. The ony thing I may find is that they are not the ones for the Boxster and that he had never had them mounted on his car after finding out. But I don't believe so. He seemed very "on the ball"....Eventually he sold his red Boxster S and bought a GT3 I believe....me, I'm sittting with my car with minimal mileage and a dead battery issue I need to resolve. Did not drive or maintain it enough. This thing called work kept getting in the way. Car is 3 years old, so I believe I had it coming. Digging for radio codes....heard a trickle charger used during the sway will keep enough power to prevent losing codes.

Quick Reply: 19' Carrera S rims on 05 Boxster S