Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how is cayman selling?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Jim Michaels
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I understand. The 993s have experienced 8-11 years of depreciation, so are in a much gentler depreciation slope. I kept my last Porsche (a RSA) for 8.25 years and sold it back to the previous owner for $5k less than I paid him for it. Thus, I "leased" it for $606 per year. I don't expect to get any such deal with the Cayman, but then I may well keep it for a long time.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:58 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,753 Likes on 2,357 Posts

I agree. My S4 is about to come off lease and it is worth substantially less than its residual value. I am very happy I didn't buy it.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:17 AM
BiggerTwin
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just saw an interesting chart on Bimmerfest showing the average number of days a car sat in inventory during January and February before being sold. The Lexus IS and a few econoboxes were the lowest at 10 days followed by the Cayman S at 14 days. A Mercedes CL sits for 214 days before finding a home.

Alan
Old 03-09-2006, 03:51 AM
zumaron
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fast1
...Keep in mind that if Porsche is having a problem selling them, especially with all the great press that the Cayman has received, imagine how hard it will be for you to sell the car privatley in a few years.
No problem... call me and I'll take it off your hands.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:54 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by fast1
...Keep in mind that if Porsche is having a problem selling them, especially with all the great press that the Cayman has received, imagine how hard it will be for you to sell the car privatley in a few years.

No problem... call me and I'll take it off your hands.

After the word privately insert "at a decent price"
Old 03-12-2006, 11:53 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts

Alan, what did you think of the C6 you just got rid of for the Cayman?
Old 03-13-2006, 07:13 AM
BiggerTwin
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob in NY
Alan, what did you think of the C6 you just got rid of for the Cayman?
It was a fast and comfortable car. Unfortunately, the steering had a rather dead feel to it and I value mechanical presence and X-Factor more than objective performance numbers in road tests. If I were getting paid to win races I would drive a Corvette. Since I drive for personal pleasure I prefer the Cayman S. If you are in the market and want more information drop me an e-mail offline.

Alan
Old 03-15-2006, 02:33 AM
pstoppani
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BiggerTwin
It was a fast and comfortable car. Unfortunately, the steering had a rather dead feel to it and I value mechanical presence and X-Factor more than objective performance numbers in road tests. If I were getting paid to win races I would drive a Corvette. Since I drive for personal pleasure I prefer the Cayman S. If you are in the market and want more information drop me an e-mail offline.

Alan
I had a C5 Z06 and have driven a C6 (Z51) and I completely agree with Alan's assessment; well said.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:04 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by BiggerTwin

Alan

That's the problem when you've driven Porsches. They set the bar higher. Maybe it's just me but I get a rush driving 3K lb cars with almost 500 lb/ft of torque. I have a friend who owns one, and athough I only got to ride it once, I found myself grinning every time I pushed down on the gas pedal.

Quick Reply: how is cayman selling?