Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Articles on line: R&T, C&D

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts
Default Articles on line: R&T, C&D

Hi Cayman S Fans...
FYI, I put two more Cayman S articles on-line for viewing: 1) the latest full test from Road&Track and 2) preview article from Car & Driver.
Enjoy.
Cayman S Articles
Old 10-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks! When do the magazines hit the newsstands?
Old 10-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug&Julie
Thanks! When do the magazines hit the newsstands?
I thought they were on the newsstands already BUT sometimes the electronic version comes out sveral days beforehand...which is what I subscribe to.
If you haven't checked it out before, look at www.zinio.com , they currently offer R&T, C&D and Motor Trend in e-format. Their reader works on PC and Macs and is really pretty cool. Subscriptions are $1/month with a minimum of 12 months per magazine although you can buy back issues infividually for a few bucks.
I HIGHLY recommend it...now, if only they would start carrying GT Purely Porsche, Total 911, Autoweek, Automobile, European Car, and Modified Luxury & Exotics I'd be all set !
Old 10-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cool, I'll have to check all of that out. Although I have to admit I kinda gave up on most of the US car magazines. Now I go to the bookstores twice a month to see if there are any new Porsche articles. I only buy those anymore...because I have a hard time throwing my magazines away. Of course, digital mags don't take up any room! Hmm...

The mags weren't on the newstands last weekend, but maybe this weekend.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:24 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug&Julie
Cool, I'll have to check all of that out. Although I have to admit I kinda gave up on most of the US car magazines. Now I go to the bookstores twice a month to see if there are any new Porsche articles. I only buy those anymore...because I have a hard time throwing my magazines away. Of course, digital mags don't take up any room! Hmm...

The mags weren't on the newstands last weekend, but maybe this weekend.
I feel the same way about most of the US car mags...too bad - so, I compromised and went with the Zinio subscriptions.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:19 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I read this month R&T article. Nice review.

They tested a PCCB, PASM Cayman S. Good numbers but not that much better than the Boxster S.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:00 AM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

FYI all the new mags have a test drive of the Cayman S. (I bought six magazines this weekend!) They're all quite favorable, of course. Only Automobile tested the Cayman S against the Carrera. I'm sure we'll see more of that in time.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:05 PM
Tbred911
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
I read this month R&T article. Nice review.

They tested a PCCB, PASM Cayman S. Good numbers but not that much better than the Boxster S.

keep in mind those "good numbers" were generated because the car had PCCB.. a 13.5 pound savings per rear wheel... that's a lot of rotational mass were talking about... even though it is close to the center of rotation I don't expect a non-PCCB car to come close to those numbers... I'd guess another 0.5 second in the quarter mile with standard brakes... IMHO.

Quick Reply: Articles on line: R&T, C&D