Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Bose Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2023, 10:47 AM
Hal
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 60 Posts
Default OEM Bose Wiring

Car is a 2006 Cayman S, with Bose. For the last 12 months, the left audio channel was not working. But I was working through which cat-back exhaust system I wanted, so the radio was no big deal.

Tuesday I noticed I had no sound from any speaker. The radio/nav powered up fine and appeared to have all functions. I did not check for codes.

Yesterday, I opened the access panel to the amp. I checked the connector to the amp and poked and pulled a bit at the wires connected to it. There was nothing obviously loose. For grins and giggles, I checked the status. And now everything works!

Does someone have a wiring diagram for the radio, or personal experience, to tell me where to go look again for a loose connection. It is great that it is working, I would just like to make it permanent.

Thanks for any and all help.

Old 11-30-2023, 01:24 PM
harveyf
Rennlist Member

Received 449 Likes on 321 Posts

Hal, check out the Repair Manual thread going on right now. Somewhere in there are links to get to the manuals, which should include the wiring diagrams you need.
Old 11-30-2023, 02:12 PM
KevinGross
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 109 Posts

attached
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
21C_KLANGPAKET_BOSE_EN.pdf (523.9 KB, 55 views)
The following users liked this post:
Schwinn (12-02-2023)
Old 11-30-2023, 05:44 PM
Hal
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 60 Posts

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the help.
Old 12-04-2023, 06:08 PM
Shark Attack
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Hal
Car is a 2006 Cayman S, with Bose. For the last 12 months, the left audio channel was not working. But I was working through which cat-back exhaust system I wanted, so the radio was no big deal.

Tuesday I noticed I had no sound from any speaker. The radio/nav powered up fine and appeared to have all functions. I did not check for codes.

Yesterday, I opened the access panel to the amp. I checked the connector to the amp and poked and pulled a bit at the wires connected to it. There was nothing obviously loose. For grins and giggles, I checked the status. And now everything works!

Does someone have a wiring diagram for the radio, or personal experience, to tell me where to go look again for a loose connection. It is great that it is working, I would just like to make it permanent.

Thanks for any and all help.
the head unit to amp is fiber optic. If you have nav, is it working? (FYI the nav will not work if you remove your 6 disc changer.)

the fiber optic network in the system is in a loop, each device has an in and an out for the fiber. If you remove any part connected to the fiber you have to put a loop back in place of the removed device or nothing in the loop will work.

from the amp to speakers is just normal copper wire like every other amp.
Hope this helps a little

Quick Reply: OEM Bose Wiring