Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2021, 03:26 PM
Kjjones
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Winter floor mats

Getting winter tires put on my 09 ttomorrow. Now need something to protect the carpet instead of the carpeted floor mats. I'm on Michigan.but not planning to challenge the elements past a few inches of snow.
What are your thoughts and experiences?
Ken
Old 11-17-2021, 08:25 AM
cmassler
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Winter Floor Mats = CocoMats.com ... they say 'Porsche

Originally Posted by Kjjones
Getting winter tires put on my 09 ttomorrow. Now need something to protect the carpet instead of the carpeted floor mats. I'm on Michigan.but not planning to challenge the elements past a few inches of snow.
What are your thoughts and experiences?
Ken
Take a look at CocoMats.com - great color options, a full and heavy rubber backing and they have Porsche 'history!'

Last edited by cmassler; 11-17-2021 at 08:26 AM.
Old 11-17-2021, 09:41 AM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 174 Posts

Weathertech liners, full stop. Not cheap, but nothing else compares.

Make sure you get the right models. Their option for Bose vs non-Bose cars was incorrect when I bought mine.

I run them in all our cars here in Chicago area, often leave them in year round.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dave in Chicago:
cavediver32043 (11-19-2021), TMc993 (11-17-2021)
Old 11-18-2021, 12:13 AM
Kjjones
Advanced

cmassler- I like the Cocomat material but not the dot pattern. Best match to my gray interior would be the black with gray dots. Also pricey but worse is the current 4 week lead time.
​​​​​​.

​​​​
Old 11-18-2021, 12:23 AM
Kjjones
Advanced

Dave- looks good, how long before they wear badly due to the driver's heel? Would go with the gray and hope it is close to my interior gray. I have the Bose, and there is an amp under the passenger seat. Their web site doesn't have any indication/pics showing the specific difference so would I choose the Bose option or not?
Old 11-18-2021, 01:27 PM
plafondles
Instructor

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

I've had WeatherTech's in numerous vehicles daily drivers and never had any wear from my heel. The material they use does not wear (at least enough to worry about in my lifetime).
Old 11-18-2021, 01:54 PM
racer1735
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

+1 on WeatherTech Floor Liners. They last forever, snow/ice meltoff from your shoes just collects and can be sopped up when you get home (doesn't spill onto your carpet). Their construction completely fills the foot well, so it looks like it 'belongs' in your car. I wouldn't say they are expensive for what they do...we pay more for other gadgets for our cars!
Old 11-18-2021, 06:51 PM
McSwine
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

I bought the coco mats for my new to me 2009 Boxster 2.9 and they are fantastic. Also, it was about 2.5 weeks from the time I ordered until I got the mats. For for the OP, I don't think coco mats are a good fit for winter use...I like the Weathertech idea although I prefer the Husky brand to the Weathertech.
Old 11-18-2021, 07:56 PM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kjjones
Dave- looks good, how long before they wear badly due to the driver's heel? Would go with the gray and hope it is close to my interior gray. I have the Bose, and there is an amp under the passenger seat. Their web site doesn't have any indication/pics showing the specific difference so would I choose the Bose option or not?
So, in my experience... the Bose option is NOT what we need in the Boxster / Cayman. Maybe there is a center tunnel hump or cutout in 911's, but it does not exist in our cars. I debated this with the folks at the store to no avail. "Non-Bose"... they fit like a glove. Make sure you can return, but I went non-Bose (and I actually have Bose). The Bose option units at WeatherTech, at the time, had some weird center-tunnel allowance for space on the passenger unit... what was up with that, I do not know.

I have the benefit of WeatherTech being local (about 30 miles from me). If you have a local distributor that can get them, try them, return them... that would be lower risk as they are likely costly to ship back.

The liners do not extend under the seat where the amp is, so no worries there.

If their return policy allows, I would order the non-Bose in your color of choice and never look back.

My interior is Sea Blue and I went with black liners. As mentioned above, the do not seem to wear. I also purchased the clean and treatment kit from WeatherTech and recommend same. I do it 2x per year, liners look as new.

Last edited by Dave in Chicago; 11-18-2021 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11-19-2021, 09:45 AM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

I just looked at their website again, didn’t realize the also sell mats.

To be clear, it’s the floor liner I recommend. Not the floor mats.

This is the passenger side (no cut out for "hump" that seems to be attached to Bose option for some reason). It's dirty, no scuffs, just life. :-)

Good luck!

Last edited by Dave in Chicago; 11-19-2021 at 11:25 AM.
Old 11-19-2021, 12:23 PM
joliver3
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave in Chicago
So, in my experience... the Bose option is NOT what we need in the Boxster / Cayman. Maybe there is a center tunnel hump or cutout in 911's, but it does not exist in our cars. I debated this with the folks at the store to no avail. "Non-Bose"... they fit like a glove. Make sure you can return, but I went non-Bose (and I actually have Bose). The Bose option units at WeatherTech, at the time, had some weird center-tunnel allowance for space on the passenger unit... what was up with that, I do not know.
I too have a Boxster, so I'm not completely sure about this, but doesn't the Bose system on the 987 Cayman have the subwoofer on the passenger side of the tunnel? It sounds like WeatherTech just has one mat design for Boxster and Cayman w/Bose, when they should really separate them. Seems like the choices should be: 1) Boxster (w/ or w/o Bose) and Cayman w/o Bose vs. 2) Cayman w/Bose.

We've been happy with our WeatherTech mats in other vehicles, for what it's worth, but I don't have a set for my Boxster.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:15 AM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

Good point. Cayman may have a different setup. I see images on line of a subwoofer there in some Caymans.
Old 11-21-2021, 09:44 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 255 Posts

I run the Porsche winter floor mats in my 987.1 Cayman, 991.1, and Macan Gen 2 year-round. I keep the original carpet mats in plastic and stored for car shows, etc. They look great, fit perfectly, don't move around at all, and wear incredibly well - no heel marks after many years in the cars. Work great for rain in the wet season. Easy to clean - wet rag will do it.

Factory mats accommodate Bose or non-Bose.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...erSet987c.html

Good luck!

Last edited by Pavegeno928; 11-21-2021 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-22-2021, 12:12 PM
sonett43
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a set of Cayman factory rubber floor mats for a car with Bose, they are perfect, very light winter use, sold the car. PM me for details
Old 11-24-2021, 03:56 PM
Bud Fox
Burning Brakes

Received 258 Likes on 173 Posts

OEM rubber direct fit rubber mats can had for under 100 usd from the stealer

one of few things that are not overpriced

Quick Reply: Winter floor mats