Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

987 Center Console

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2021, 08:38 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,130 Likes on 2,141 Posts

Originally Posted by The Duke
Stunning! Thanks for the pic. Have you been happy with this purchase?

I now have one more thing to buy for my car!

Above, you stated a $950 price for the console.

That's quite a bit less than what's currently quoted on the DE Carbon site, and doesn't include the additional cost for the ashtray. Were prices cheaper back in May or do they occasionally have sales?
Yes, been very happy with the purchase. Daniel, the owner of DBCarbon was great to work with, very communicative and the finish is top notch.

Ordered October 2020. Took about 10 weeks for them to manufacturer and ship. Once he shipped it was from Germany to OH in two days.

At the time, it was around $950. No core charge like many of the other vendors where you either supply a console or pay more not to give them one. I then had to add the ash tray and in the case of my 997 the rear storage area behind the armrest. I also did the dash pieces. Came to around $2k. There was a Rennlist discount I believe as well.

I think his prices went up in the last year.

Also, saw you're in Caldwell New Jersey. That's pretty cool given that's where the Sopranos was filmed. Neat.
Old 10-01-2021, 09:23 PM
The Duke
Rennlist Member

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr

At the time, it was around $950. No core charge like many of the other vendors where you either supply a console or pay more not to give them one. I then had to add the ash tray and in the case of my 997 the rear storage area behind the armrest. I also did the dash pieces. Came to around $2k. There was a Rennlist discount I believe as well.

I think his prices went up in the last year.

Also, saw you're in Caldwell New Jersey. That's pretty cool given that's where the Sopranos was filmed. Neat.
Thanks for the details and the additional context.

Yes - I've live in Caldwell / West Caldwell. The town center is where they filmed lots of the local scenes.

The Soprano's home is in North Caldwell. In fact, it listed in the spring. Imagine how surreal it would be to walk to the bottom of the driveway each day to get the paper!

Needless to say - big fan.

Last edited by The Duke; 10-01-2021 at 09:26 PM. Reason: replaced a comma with a hyphen

Quick Reply: 987 Center Console