Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Japan Touring in a Cayman S.

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:22 AM
Kuro Neko
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,695 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by TMc993
Yep...I have the Rokkor 50mm 1.4 that came with the camera and a Kiron 30-80mm zoom I added later on. I used the Kiron almost exclusively in paddock/pits situations and the big zoom out around the track...The Rokkor pretty much stayed in the camera bag when I was at tracks...Here's a really low quality copy of a photo of a scan of a Champion Motorsports Porsche GT 1 at the 2nd (I think) Petit LeMans taken at night hand-held with the Kiron and a Vivitar flash...
That's an awesome pic!
The speed and drama comes through really well, particularly too with the use of flash - something I would not have normally thought of myself.
Now, you've got me thinking of flash synching.

The 50mm f1.4 Rokkor I think is notably a great lens too?
Seems you've got all the right stuff!
Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM
TMc993
Rennlist Member

Received 548 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuro Neko
That's an awesome pic!...The 50mm f1.4 Rokkor I think is notably a great lens too?
Thank you! It is one of my favorite images. I stood at that spot for an hour and used an entire 36 exposure roll of film to get that one image. Of course, I had no idea what I had until the prints came back from the processor.

Yes, the Rokkor is an excellent little "normal" lens. It gives incredibly sharp images edge-to-edge and, of course, is great in low light.

Quick Reply: Japan Touring in a Cayman S.