Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rim color???

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 04:47 PM
cbaker23
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rim color???

I'm going to get my calipers powder coated (working on getting Porsche acid green as the color). But currently, the car is sitting on the stock 19" "Lobster claw" polished silver rims. I think to bring out the color of the caliper, I might plasti dip the stock rims a little darker. I love the rims, but before I were to get them actually painted I thought plasti dip would be a good trial.

Anyway, the car is midnight blue metallic with a blue top. Definitely don't want to go black on the rims (need some contrast), but thinking about a brass/ bronze color, or even just a titanium color. Does anyone have a picture of a blue 987 with any of these colors? Or opinions?

Thanks!
Old 10-24-2018, 09:08 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by cbaker23
Definitely don't want to go black on the rims (need some contrast), but thinking about a brass/ bronze color, or even just a titanium color. Does anyone have a picture of a blue 987 with any of these colors? Or opinions?
See this thread for some shots of Dark Blue Metallic cars (I don't think there are any 987's however) with Platinum Satin wheels (which look titanium in color):

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8064...in-wheels.html
Old 10-25-2018, 12:30 AM
yachtfund
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Plasti dip is definitely a good and inexpensive way to try out colors without any commitment. You should always just do what you like and what makes you happy but I would worry about having too many colors going on with a blue car, acid green calipers and bronze wheels. I love silver wheels in general though on pretty much any car. If you're open to color suggestions on calipers I would say silver as well, especially on a blue car. McLaren does it really well and I wish it were an option from factory on Porsches. As you can see I like silver. Post picture updates though!
Old 10-25-2018, 08:21 AM
MyNameIdeasWereT
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

Going to paint your whole wheel too, or just the rim?

Post some pictures of your car and also post some examples of the colors you're considering. I can photoshop it in 30 seconds to give you an idea of what it'll look like.

Quick Reply: Rim color???