Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Spyder allocations are getting scarce...would you pull the trigger for 3% off?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Dave I
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

To sum it up, no deal on their (Stead) inbound car, and no deal on a potential buildable allocation.

Time to move on again. I think the best bet is to wait for one of you short-attention-spanned Rennlisters to get tired of your car and pick one up that way. At least the $$ will stay in the forum.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Craig67
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Brumos in Jacksonville, FL has a July build that can still be changed. Talk to John Schaefer......Good guy.......
Old 06-09-2011, 09:29 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave I
To sum it up, no deal on their (Stead) inbound car, and no deal on a potential buildable allocation.

Time to move on again. I think the best bet is to wait for one of you short-attention-spanned Rennlisters to get tired of your car and pick one up that way. At least the $$ will stay in the forum.
Bummer. What would your ideal build be?
Old 06-10-2011, 01:03 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
you ARE insane. hahahahaha!
which means I'M sane!
coz us audiophiles are normal after all.
man, you definitely got all the good sicknesses. (watches, cars, audio, architecture, books, cameras, music, women, food....) you into shoes as well?
you got the dm-100 arc welder/patio heater?
by dm 100, you mean spectral audio? i had some of their stuff, keith is a genius. but they are too pure sounding. i am not a recording engineer, i like things warm, accuracy is not very important to me. if my system can make michael jackson sound like ella fitzgerald, that's great. needless to say i didn't like WATT or AE1, but loved all the highly colored sonus fabers ;-)

i like watches, cars, audio, trained as architect, like cameras (only non digital), music, women (remember must be 32a-34c, out of range just no good. cannot be blond, brunettes and red heads with just right amount of freckles would be great)..... food, yes....

shoes... oh no... you got me there. i have more shoes than most women. zegna is currently my fav after getting bored with the usual brands and such. but most dont care about men's shoes. so it's like playing music to a cow....
Old 06-10-2011, 01:05 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Are you looking to buy a spyder from Stead? I'm looking online and they have 2 spyders in their inventory. I'm livid right now because those are 2 allocations that I could have custom ordered to my spec last November, but they convinced me they were not getting anymore allocations. Being a gullible first time Porsche buyer I believed them and bought what they had on the lot. Stupid me, but when it comes time to get my GT3, I'm going elsewhere.
like i said, CA dealers play games....
my next car will not be from CA dealers...
i think i'll just buy from rennlist members. my patience is non existent. i dont play games. you lie to me, i will get you back 100x over. you dont know how many allocation you can get, close shop and go find a new job. excuses are not excuses.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:01 AM
Dave I
Addict
Rennlist Member

Aqua blue
6 speed
Sport buckets leather/alcantara
Sport exhaust
Ac
Cdr-30 & sound package
Painted roll bar
Aluminum footrest
Free stuff (mats, Bluetooth, audio interface, side logo)

If anybody sees one for sale, let me know...(not likely)

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Bummer. What would your ideal build be?
Old 06-10-2011, 02:50 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Nice selections! Good luck in finding the car and deal that works for you!
Old 06-10-2011, 12:30 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
by dm 100, you mean spectral audio?
no, gryphon.
solid state, yet warm like valves. later version is the antileon.

i like sonus faber too. guaneris are beautiful in every way.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:51 PM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
like i said, CA dealers play games....
my next car will not be from CA dealers...
i think i'll just buy from rennlist members. my patience is non existent. i dont play games. you lie to me, i will get you back 100x over. you dont know how many allocation you can get, close shop and go find a new job. excuses are not excuses.
Our first Porsche was from a Kali dealer, everything since has been from out-of-state (the South and south-east), for all the reasons you state. They seem to have a lot better dealers, willing to work with you.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Craig67
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dave I
Aqua blue
6 speed
Sport buckets leather/alcantara
Sport exhaust
Ac
Cdr-30 & sound package
Painted roll bar
Aluminum footrest
Free stuff (mats, Bluetooth, audio interface, side logo)

If anybody sees one for sale, let me know...(not likely)
Dave,

Brumos told me the original build on the allocation they have is Aqua Blue. It can be changed, but you might want to give them a call.

Craig
Old 06-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Dave I
Addict
Rennlist Member

Apparently it has just fallen out of changeable status today;it has the color and options that I want, but also has about $5k of stuff I don't want.

Am working with John to see what can be done at this point.

Thanks for the heads up on the allocation...hopefully we can get something worked out.

Originally Posted by Craig67`
Dave,

Brumos told me the original build on the allocation they have is Aqua Blue. It can be changed, but you might want to give them a call.

Craig

Last edited by Dave I; 06-10-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Craig67
Rennlist Member

Good luck.....I just talked to John yesterday about it too and that is when he told me the color..........I just picked up a used one in CA and hope to have it here in a week or two. Hope you get it..........
Old 06-10-2011, 11:57 PM
Dave I
Addict
Rennlist Member

What are the specs on your car?
Old 06-11-2011, 01:38 AM
80WHALE
Intermediate

Mooty you sound like an old man who has nothing better to do than to try to bully others. Don't you know we are in a society of not tolerating your antics.

Saying this is just acting like an imature bully:

i dont play games. you lie to me, i will get you back 100x over. you dont know how many allocation you can get, close shop and go find a new job. excuses are not excuses.

Yeah you have money, and like to brag about it, so what. Dealers are trying to make money, you know the game, the way you act it makes sense why they would screw you.

Just let it go, your vengeance and bullying makes you act like a 15 year old immature child.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:05 AM
ClintonM3
Racer

Yes! Interesting thread.

So what exactly are the dealers doing that is keeping you from pulling the trigger? Are they over promising/under deliver? Or are they clueless about their pipeline/allocation? Charging over MSRP? What's going on?

FYI, from my experience, dealers in general seem to be very confused with the Spyder's productions schedule and pipeline. I didn't think it was game playing, rather it was plain lack of info on their part.

I spoke with a few dealers, and all were wishy washy. In the end, I went with the first guy who was solid and had allocation in hand. Thanks Afshin for the referral.

As for dealers charging MSRP, I haven't heard any dealer charging MSRP for the spyder. But for the RS 4.0, I think it is not outrageous for a dealer to charge over sticker, because some jerks will always pay stupid $$ for a 911. Probably the same jerks who paid $1500 for the first iphone. I've seen many cars selling over sticker and most don't make sense, like MB CLS, CL, BMW Z8, Prius, Hummer, Chevy Volt, new Camaro, ZR1, GTR, Audi TT and Neiman Marcus (Needless Markup) edition anything.

Quick Reply: Spyder allocations are getting scarce...would you pull the trigger for 3% off?