Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I get GT4 when I already have a 981 Spyder Boxster?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 08:11 PM
s2ktaxi
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sh944
I'd be lying if I said that I wouldn't enjoy owning both a GT4 and a Spyder.
I do
https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...omparison.html
Old 02-26-2016, 09:39 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts
Default Should I get GT4 when I already have a 981 Spyder Boxster?

I have a 987.2 Spyder that I am convinced I'll own the rest of my life. We will see what I decide to add to the stable to compliment it. I currently have a well built 951, but the GT4 is indeed tempting.

I wouldn't trade my first gen Spyder for a new er one, but I still think the OP and you (s2k) are indeed fortunate.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:02 PM
Blackpony
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Raghu,
I track rear, mid and front engine automobiles. The 981 Boxster S (PDK) has been the most fun, as it is extremely fast at HPDE events. Harry's Lap Timer had the Boxster S 0.03 seconds faster than its stable mate Carrera Turbo S and faster than a Carrera 4S at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway GP Course. GT2 and GT3 cars proved to be a handful. The 981 also kept pace with the elderly, non-automated Cayman R (MT), all on OEM 20" Pirelli and Goodyear tires. If you want as car to learn on, try the Cayman GT4 Clubsport. Then move up to a GT3!
Cheers
Old 03-31-2016, 04:05 AM
EdwinL
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently drove a friend's GT4 and it was fantastic. I've ordered a Boxster Spyder and after driving the GT4 I'm getting excited about the Spyder and if I could I would also buy a GT4 but in Canada these cars are in high demand because Porsche AG doesn't allow much allocations for the Canadian market, LOL. Example being Porsche Centre Vancouver has only been allocated five Boxster Spyders and I'm lucky enough to get the last one due to arrive in May. Unlike our fellow Rennlisters in the south we don't have the opportunity to test drive these wonderful cars at the dealers before placing our orders. How lucky you are!
Old 03-31-2016, 11:33 AM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by EdwinL
I recently drove a friend's GT4 and it was fantastic. I've ordered a Boxster Spyder and after driving the GT4 I'm getting excited about the Spyder and if I could I would also buy a GT4 but in Canada these cars are in high demand because Porsche AG doesn't allow much allocations for the Canadian market, LOL. Example being Porsche Centre Vancouver has only been allocated five Boxster Spyders and I'm lucky enough to get the last one due to arrive in May. Unlike our fellow Rennlisters in the south we don't have the opportunity to test drive these wonderful cars at the dealers before placing our orders. How lucky you are!
Yes, but if you look back at the threads you will find that many of us ordered the car sight unseen. I ordered it only after seeing it at the NYAutoshow last year. I didn't drive a Spyder until I drove my own and I think there are a few of us with similar experiences.
Old 03-31-2016, 02:06 PM
Evo X
Racer

Received 301 Likes on 102 Posts

I actually got to test drive a fellow Rennlister's GT4 before I ordered mine.

Very generous community we have here.

Quick Reply: Should I get GT4 when I already have a 981 Spyder Boxster?