Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 cayman s colors/options

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 05:44 AM
judo3434
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 cayman s colors/options

Which color do you like the most on the new 2014 cayman s, and which options you recommend me getting?

My personal favorite for colors as of now (it can change)
1.Guards red
2.Gt Silver
3.White

Options must have
1.pdk
2.sports exhaust

Possible add on options.
1.sports chrono package
2.infotainment (nav and etc...)
3. Black rims

Please give me your opinions!
appreciate it
Old 12-22-2013, 06:22 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 454 Likes on 293 Posts

Why are you posting multiple identical threads?
Old 12-22-2013, 07:07 AM
judo3434
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i didnt no there was a section dedicated to caymans only, i found that after ... ill delete these posts
Old 12-22-2013, 11:12 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,268 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by judo3434
Which color do you like the most on the new 2014 cayman s, and which options you recommend me getting?

My personal favorite for colors as of now (it can change)
1.Guards red
2.Gt Silver
3.White

Options must have
1.pdk
2.sports exhaust

Possible add on options.
1.sports chrono package
2.infotainment (nav and etc...)
3. Black rims

Please give me your opinions!
appreciate it
Sports Plus (Adaptive ) seats
PASM
Old 12-23-2013, 09:44 PM
perretar
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drove home in a new White Cayman this past Friday. Only color I like more is Amaranth Red. Check it out, you might like it more than the Guards Red (which I also like). FYI, the Guards Red seat belts match really well with Amaranth. That's what I will have the next time around. Mine is White over Beige with White gauges, love that combo also. Its a base with PDK, that transmission is awesome, and I like to shift. I love the sound of the stock exhaust and don't see the need for PSE (seems like a cool option, but pricey). For me the Sports Chrono would be a must with a manual trans to get the rev. matching feature. I drove that combo couple of months ago and it is also awesome. If yours will be a DD or you intend to let your wife drive it, get the PDK. Otherwise consider the manual, but only in combo with Sport Chrono Pkg. I don't care for black rims on any body color.

Last edited by perretar; 12-24-2013 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Added something
Old 12-23-2013, 11:46 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 724 Likes on 396 Posts

I would not get PDK without sports chrono. It unlocks the full potential of the transmission.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:16 AM
perretar
Rennlist Member

If launch control appeals to you, then do the Sport Chrono with PDK also. For me the Cayman is all about the handling and not so much the 0-60 number. The PDK is great on its own. I drive it most of the time in manual and sport modes.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:49 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by perretar
If launch control appeals to you, then do the Sport Chrono with PDK also. For me the Cayman is all about the handling and not so much the 0-60 number. The PDK is great on its own. I drive it most of the time in manual and sport modes.
Launch control is not the reason to get sport chrono on a PDK car. The shifting algorithm that you get with sport + mode is ideal for use at the track. It holds the rpms very high to keep the car in the perfect rpm range and shifts perfectly for you. You cannot take full advantage of PDK without sport chrono. If you're doing canyon runs sport + mode is great too. It's really silly that Porsche makes you pay extra for a simple extra button and program, but if someone is going to get a PDK cayman, sport chrono is a must if you ever plan to drive the car aggressively. I agree launch control is not a feature many will use.

Last edited by orthojoe; 12-24-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:58 PM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

PTV (LSD) is a must it's around $1200 and sport seats for $800 is another.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:02 PM
perretar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Launch control is not the reason to get sport chrono on a PDK car. The shifting algorithm that you get with sport + mode is ideal for use at the track. It holds the rpms very high to keep the car in the perfect rpm range and shifts perfectly for you. You cannot take full advantage of PDK without sport chrono. If you're doing canyon runs sport + mode is great too. It's really silly that Porsche makes you pay extra for a simple extra button and program, but if someone is going to get a PDK cayman, sport chrono is a must if you ever plan to drive the car aggressively. I agree launch control is not a feature many will use.
So you are recommending the PKD/Sport Chrono Pkg combo even for those who don't intend to track the car ? I will occasionally drive aggressive "in the canyons" and when I do I like the manual mode..
Old 12-27-2013, 12:25 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by perretar
So you are recommending the PKD/Sport Chrono Pkg combo even for those who don't intend to track the car ? I will occasionally drive aggressive "in the canyons" and when I do I like the manual mode..
If you're going to use manual mode, then it becomes slightly less obligatory because you can keep the revs high on your own. However, keep in mind that sport chrono's sport plus mode is supposed to make the PDK tranny shift quicker and more aggressively (less clutch slip) than plain sport, even if you are in manual mode. Also, sport plus will alter PSM to allow more slip angle before it interferes. You really are missing some of the features that make the car and transmission great without sport chrono, unfortunately.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:48 AM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Manual tyranny, PSM off. Done
Old 12-27-2013, 01:03 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
Manual tyranny, PSM off. Done
LOL. That is definitely another way to look at it.

Quick Reply: 2014 cayman s colors/options