Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Re: Sport Bucket Seats for MY2015 991 & perhaps 981 too!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 08:43 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,133 Likes on 682 Posts

[QUOTE=Z356;10417164]Oh, I was there that day and did not see it.

Damn! I was really hoping for a pic since you were there. I even emailed PCNA suggesting they set up cameras in the production line to photograph the cars as they are built and offer an "album" as an Exclusive option for people ordering cars at $100+ for a flash drive with the VIN on it (and to dealers on spec orders). I received a very nice form email a couple days later thanking me for my loyalty to Porsche. I think they are missing something very do-able and profitable here that many owners would love to have. I would love pics of my car being built - I may never be able to order another at my age and socio-economic status and I would have paid SOMETHING for that flash drive - far more than it cost PAG to produce it, for sure. If they can deviate the stitching on the seats, I don't see why this can't be done.
Oh well, maybe I can order a Targa in a couple years - only 6 numbers away, twice a week!
What a trip for you!!!
Old 04-27-2013, 01:45 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
I even emailed PCNA suggesting they set up cameras in the production line to photograph the cars as they are built and offer an "album" as an Exclusive option for people ordering cars at $100+ for a flash drive with the VIN on it (and to dealers on spec orders). I received a very nice form email a couple days later thanking me for my loyalty to Porsche. I think they are missing something very do-able and profitable here that many owners would love to have. I would love pics of my car being built - I may never be able to order another at my age and socio-economic status and I would have paid SOMETHING for that flash drive - far more than it cost PAG to produce it, for sure. If they can deviate the stitching on the seats, I don't see why this can't be done.
Believe it or not, 'Porsche Exclusive' offers a book with photos of your car being built for about 1000 Euros! It is an official option. I will say more about it when I post about my visit last week with Exclusive!

Saludos,
Eduardo

PS At the moment I can not post photos on my thread due to tech problems at Rennlist!
Old 04-27-2013, 08:28 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,133 Likes on 682 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Oh, I was there that day and did not see it.

Read it again:

"he (Detlev) said the purpose of this particular trip this week was to go to Weissach and test drive some of the 'exciting' new products that PCNA will have to sell to us in the USA within the next few years! I suspect the 991 gt3 RS will be one of them!"

Detlev will be shown the cars & perhaps drive a 991 gt3 RS (my speculation). A gt3 RS is NOT part of my trip. Instead, I am being driven in a very large Setra luxury travel bus since Monday!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Originally Posted by Z356
Believe it or not, 'Porsche Exclusive' offers a book with photos of your car being built for about 1000 Euros! It is an official option. I will say more about it when I post about my visit last week with Exclusive!

Saludos,
Eduardo

PS At the moment I can not post photos on my thread due to tech problems at Rennlist!
Well, I never saw that, but at €1000, it would have been a little tough to check that box at my pay grade.
Too bad. I was thinking more modest pricing with a system of automated digital cameras at designated sites on the line that would photograph every car, making a flash drive available to buyers at some price (I wouldn't have dreamed $1300, but hey, it's Porsche).

Quick Reply: Re: Sport Bucket Seats for MY2015 991 & perhaps 981 too!