Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2024 | 08:25 AM
B1web1
Intermediate

That’s a good idea, what would it cost for the board and backup camera installed?
Old 06-10-2024 | 08:28 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by B1web1
That’s a good idea, what would it cost for the board and backup camera installed?
Im not doing camera installation at the moment. Mr12volt install ranges from $450 - $500 plus the cost of the hardware. Connections for a camera are left accessible so you don't need to remove the pcm again.

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

FREE INSTALL KIT AND CAR CHARGER WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
Old 06-11-2024 | 12:43 AM
FishingForFishes
Rennlist Member

Hi Roman,

Recently ordered for my 981, hoping to install soon. Whats the best video or guide for where/how to place the little box after pcm install?
Old 06-11-2024 | 01:11 AM
Mike981S
Pro

Originally Posted by FishingForFishes
Hi Roman,

Recently ordered for my 981, hoping to install soon. Whats the best video or guide for where/how to place the little box after pcm install?
I have seen some people place it somewhere underneath the steering column, some others under the carpet in the passenger footwell. I placed it into the little cargo net in the passenger footwell. It isn't hidden that way, but gives me better air circulation and access to the ports. And my wife can see it and be careful to not step on it .

I wonder if there is enough space under the shifter assembly. But I was not brave enough to take it further....
Old 06-11-2024 | 06:21 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by FishingForFishes
Hi Roman,

Hello,

Thanks for the order.

I have pics in the Facebook group of installs. Join and hit up the albums there. Link is in my signature.

Most 981 I have been putting the module in one of the gaps between the driver and passenger at shin level. There is one spot where pictured and another all the way forward by the front of the dash by the gas pedal base. Here is a Pic of a 997.2 but it's the same location.

​​​​​

Old 06-11-2024 | 01:36 PM
Larson E. Rapp
Burning Brakes

Just as a quick FYI, there are people who refuse to use Facebook for one reason or another. I'd fall into that category. It's much better to maintain a good independent website, and post links to it on your Facebook page.
The following users liked this post:
Mike981S (06-11-2024)
Old 06-11-2024 | 01:46 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Larson E. Rapp
Just as a quick FYI, there are people who refuse to use Facebook for one reason or another. I'd fall into that category. It's much better to maintain a good independent website, and post links to it on your Facebook page.
I am working to add the pics to my own website. If anyone needs install pics I can always provide them.
​​​​​

Old 06-15-2024 | 12:17 PM
993Guy
Rennlist Member

I have a 981 GT4, manual of course. PCM 3.1 non Bose/Burmeister. Does this unit require any additional wire connections for a backup camera? I see many that require tapping into a trigger wire, power, etc. As my car is not Bose or Burmeister, does this unit offer any advantage from a sound quality perspective?
Old 06-15-2024 | 04:10 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 993Guy
I have a 981 GT4, manual of course. PCM 3.1 non Bose/Burmeister. Does this unit require any additional wire connections for a backup camera? I see many that require tapping into a trigger wire, power, etc. As my car is not Bose or Burmeister, does this unit offer any advantage from a sound quality perspective?
There is a sound advantage no matter what version of pcm you have.

Some manuals need a signal wire. Not all.
Old 09-22-2024 | 09:29 PM
dgira39

Hi Roman, I just placed an order for the new version for PCM3.1 for my 2016 Macan Turbo! The listing (and you mentioned above) that the new version includes support for the OEM mic. I was wondering if you could elaborate on how it taps into the OEM mic and what functionality this provides? Does it allow for phone calls through Carplay via the OEM mic? IIRC other systems require you to switch back to PCM to use the OEM mic for phone calls, is this not the case with the Mr12Volt? Is there any other functionality it provides over the previous version or its competitors? I was going to email you, but I thought others will be interested to know more about this as well. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration