Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2024, 08:29 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGee
Face what?

DaveGee
I'm working on getting them uploaded to my website as well. If you like you can always reach out yo me privately and I can walk you through it.

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

FREE INSTALL KIT AND CAR CHARGER WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
Old 03-03-2024, 10:24 AM
MB356S
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone is interested in buying one of these brand new Mr2Volt units for PCM 3.1, please take a look at my recently added classified advert. https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1401047

This unit was purchased this week and I made an error and purchased the wrong unit. Seems I have the most basic of systems and this is not compatible. Should have asked more questions before buying. Never installed. Just opened the outer shipping materials.

I have a Mr12Volt in a BMW E92 and rate them highly.

Best wishes,
Old 03-24-2024, 02:55 AM
Mike981S
Pro

Received 468 Likes on 238 Posts

I remember seeing someone installing the Mr12Volt system in their 981 and using an extension to keep the SD port accessible for firmware updates. If the person reads this post, I have some questions:
  1. Where did you place the box? As shown in the last pic of post #2?
  2. How did you end up routing the extension?
Thanks in advance!

Edit: Ok, I found the link to the post. See https://rennlist.com/forums/981-foru...l#post19309915

I am still wondering where the controler box is located to make the cables appear in that location. @CruisinUSA , could you please tell us more?

Last edited by Mike981S; 03-25-2024 at 01:51 AM.
Old 03-25-2024, 01:54 AM
Mike981S
Pro

Received 468 Likes on 238 Posts

And another question: Since I bought my system from Mr12Volt directly instead of @Roman ACS and my 981 Boxster S came with XM radio, my spacers/standoffs are too short as many others noticed and there seems to be no place to route the cable since the XM antenna blocks the path recommended in the install videos.

Does anyone have any suggestions for fitting spacers and where to route the cable?
Old 03-25-2024, 09:57 PM
wraedeohed
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Does this work with non-PCM units, like the CDR 31?
Old 03-25-2024, 09:58 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by wraedeohed
Does this work with non-PCM units, like the CDR 31?
Nope
Old 05-13-2024, 07:23 PM
boxdriver
Racer

Received 264 Likes on 97 Posts

I have a question for everyone who is currently using this system with an iPhone. I have the PCM 3.1 in my 2014 CS. I am not a person who is generally stuck on CarPlay. I am usually just fine using Bluetooth to listen to music and podcasts in my cars. Unfortunately, in the Cayman, when I am listening to my phone via Bluetooth, I have to turn the volume way up. Then when I start the car the next time, my FM radio comes on and blasts me. It usually takes about 2-3 minutes for the car to connect to my phone so I can switch the source and turn back up the radio to start listening to my phone again. I usually just end up putting music on a USB stick and listening to that, so I don't have the issue of the loud music and waiting for connection every time I get in the car. But the USB doesn't let me change up my listening content very easily.

If I were to get the Mr12volt system, would this eliminate this issue, or is there still a disconnection and reconnection issue every time you start the car? I just want to get in, start the car and have the phone connect automatically and start playing my content. Just like my other cars and headphones do. I am hoping that if I use the Mr12volt CarPlay, it will start in CarPlay every time I start the car and connect to and play from my phone without me having to take my phone out of my pocket or having to touch the PCM unit.
Old 05-13-2024, 07:25 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by boxdriver
I have a question for everyone who is currently using this system with an iPhone. I have the PCM 3.1 in my 2014 CS. I am not a person who is generally stuck on CarPlay. I am usually just fine using Bluetooth to listen to music and podcasts in my cars. Unfortunately, in the Cayman, when I am listening to my phone via Bluetooth, I have to turn the volume way up. Then when I start the car the next time, my FM radio comes on and blasts me. It usually takes about 2-3 minutes for the car to connect to my phone so I can switch the source and turn back up the radio to start listening to my phone again. I usually just end up putting music on a USB stick and listening to that, so I don't have the issue of the loud music and waiting for connection every time I get in the car. But the USB doesn't let me change up my listening content very easily.

If I were to get the Mr12volt system, would this eliminate this issue, or is there still a disconnection and reconnection issue every time you start the car? I just want to get in, start the car and have the phone connect automatically and start playing my content. Just like my other cars and headphones do. I am hoping that if I use the Mr12volt CarPlay, it will start in CarPlay every time I start the car and connect to and play from my phone without me having to take my phone out of my pocket or having to touch the PCM unit.
depending on how you have your phone set up your carplay or Android auto will start loading as soon as you pull the door handle. In my situation if I'm on a phone call the transition is almost seamless. If it's just music then I have audio playing by the time I turn the key.
Old 05-13-2024, 08:43 PM
Natural1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by boxdriver

The issue of PCM defaulting back to (high volume) radio was driving me nuts. I got one of these Firefly DACs and it works great:
Amazon Amazon

Other infotainment ideas:https://rennlist.com/forums/981-foru...tegration.html
Old 05-15-2024, 08:12 AM
Cosmo Kramer
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 87 Posts

Hi Roman

i have a 2015 Cayman incoming and want to add CarPlay. The spec says it’s CDR31 but at the bottom of the sheet it shows a part number for PCM.

Will it work in my car?

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
WP0AB2A8XFK184214-avd.pdf (251.1 KB, 30 views)
Old 05-15-2024, 08:17 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer
Hi Roman

i have a 2015 Cayman incoming and want to add CarPlay. The spec says it’s CDR31 but at the bottom of the sheet it shows a part number for PCM.

Will it work in my car?
I believe that's still a cdr unit. Check if you have Navi. If says "aux" will on the button it's a cdr.
​​​​
Old 05-15-2024, 09:30 AM
Cosmo Kramer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
I believe that's still a cdr unit. Check if you have Navi. If says "aux" will on the button it's a cdr.
​​​​
It has a button with CD Aux

Old 05-15-2024, 09:33 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer
It has a button with CD Aux

CDR FOR SURE

Last edited by Roman ACS; 06-23-2024 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Cosmo Kramer
Rennlist Member

So that means it won't work?
Old 05-19-2024, 04:19 AM
leonzhang1996
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering wheel controls

Is all of your steering wheel buttons working? My diamond button doesn't work and answering call button also do not work. Volume and mute buttons work though

Quick Reply: Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration