Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Panels warping

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2021, 01:41 PM
jg (atl)
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by CaymanCrush
I would still love to see pics of the Pedro fix/results. Pedro has no pics or vids of the final results on his website (that I have seen)
I've asked a couple of times for someone to post pics ..but nuthin' so far. Kinda strange.
I have a buddy that has had his door panels fixed by Pedro, and I have seen the results. They are top notch. We actually drove to Tampa and dropped the panels off and picked them up from him the next day. Pedro has a jig that he uses to hold the panels in place as the adhesive dries. He has fixed some door panels for dealers’ used cars. He also makes sure that his fix does not interfere with the air bag operation. Plus, I have known Pedro for many years a he is a straight shooter that stands behind his work.

I am fortunate that my door panels have not warped, but if/when they do, I will not hesitate having Pedro repair them.
The following users liked this post:
DBWhite (06-28-2021)
Old 06-27-2021, 04:36 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,341 Likes on 803 Posts

Originally Posted by absoluteczech
door panels are around $1k
Yeah. Tell Porsche that. Mine (981 Spyder with leather door panels) were $7500 EACH and that's just parts only. Replaced under warranty. Took a year to make them.
Old 06-27-2021, 09:08 PM
CaymanCarver
Pro

Received 246 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by jg (atl)
I have a buddy that has had his door panels fixed by Pedro, and I have seen the results. They are top notch. We actually drove to Tampa and dropped the panels off and picked them up from him the next day. Pedro has a jig that he uses to hold the panels in place as the adhesive dries. He has fixed some door panels for dealers’ used cars. He also makes sure that his fix does not interfere with the air bag operation. Plus, I have known Pedro for many years a he is a straight shooter that stands behind his work.
Sounds great. Why no pics? Not even from Pedro.
I just don't understand.

Pics or didn't happen.
Old 06-28-2021, 12:19 AM
SoCal-NSX
Burning Brakes

Received 896 Likes on 401 Posts

seems like it would be an easy fix with the right adhesive and a few clamps and a strip of sturdy bendable type of wood to keep and even about of pressure

someday I will try to tackle this project and post a how to video...you can thank me later
Old 06-30-2021, 02:55 PM
absoluteczech
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
Yeah. Tell Porsche that. Mine (981 Spyder with leather door panels) were $7500 EACH and that's just parts only. Replaced under warranty. Took a year to make them.
not all of us have fancy alcantara door panels
Old 06-30-2021, 02:56 PM
absoluteczech
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal-NSX
seems like it would be an easy fix with the right adhesive and a few clamps and a strip of sturdy bendable type of wood to keep and even about of pressure

someday I will try to tackle this project and post a how to video...you can thank me later
problem is you need to be careful because if you go crazy and glue the wrong area youre basically preventing the side airbag from deploying

Quick Reply: Door Panels warping