Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

981 Sport Chrono Retrofit part 2: software side

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2024, 03:33 PM
smachu
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy to report that sport plus was able to be coded to my 2013 BS pretty easily via thinkdiag. Coded sports plus to the "sport" button in BKE/AC as I don't have the proper panel just yet and activated sports plus function in a different place within the AC module and was good to go. Didn't even ask me for an activation code which was surprising and kind of annoying as I paid some Eastern European 120 bucks for one. Still happy, regardless!
Old 08-01-2024, 04:16 PM
boxdriver
Racer

Received 241 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by smachu
Happy to report that sport plus was able to be coded to my 2013 BS pretty easily via thinkdiag. Coded sports plus to the "sport" button in BKE/AC as I don't have the proper panel just yet and activated sports plus function in a different place within the AC module and was good to go. Didn't even ask me for an activation code which was surprising and kind of annoying as I paid some Eastern European 120 bucks for one. Still happy, regardless!
Can you be a little more specific as to what you all coded in the Thinkdiag to get the sports plus to work? I tried to change everything that I could find and still had no luck getting it to work.

I have heard that early 991s (2012) can code Chrono in without a code but not newer ones, maybe yours is an early enough 981 to work without the code.

I got this off a 991 thread from @joserpaq
"I couldn't get it working before for 2 reason. First it will only code to left side button two and second you need to restart the car after coding for it to work. All i did was search for sports plus and chrono in 'instrument cluster", "DME", "AC" and "PCM" and changed to either "open" or "1". Them programmed it searching for "BKE" and selecting "Sports+" instead of PASAM for left button #2 and "Sport Exhaust" instead of auto on/off for right button #2. Have you tried programming it to that button? Also note that several people have said they couln't get it to work on the AC even with the code on newer models. My 991.1S is a 2012 so that may be why it took it on AC without any code. I never did any feature activation with Sports+. I do assume that I need to do that feature activation with a code for PCM and MF cluster to switch to sports chrono mode since right now I'm just seeing "Sports+" on MF display and I can obviously tell it's modified the car. Not that I'm going to use it much since it's not really an option for street driving but it will be nice to install by switch console with missing features. Sport+ and PSE."

Quick Reply: 981 Sport Chrono Retrofit part 2: software side