Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your 981 today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2024, 10:11 AM
boxdriver
Racer

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by cjrhoades
Walked out to this damage. No note…

Harbor freight to the rescue!

Thankfully it all came out. If you look very closely there are some horizontal indentations in the plastic bumper but none of the scratches went all the way through the paint.

Very frustrating!!! I'm glad you were able to buff it out.
Old Yesterday, 08:25 PM
SQ13
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by SQ13
Installed OE GT4 shifter, swapped excessively large eBay corner lights for OE lights, replaced frunk struts, and finally hid the wiring for the dashcam and MagSafe charger. Shifter is surprisingly an easy 20-30 min job.

The GT4 shifter feels better than the stock shifter, but it’s still not close to where I want it in terms of throw length, crispness, notchiness, and precision (basically that classic bolt action feel that many people love). I kinda regret not checking what shifter my 981 Black Edition had before I sold it bc those shifts were perfection, and I’m starting to suspect it had a Numeric shifter. I may order a Numeric shifter with 2mm spring soon.
Welp, I ended up ordering a 2mm Numeric shifter about a week after I installed the GT4 shifter, and I finally got around to installing it yesterday. I initially set it a couple of threads above the minimum height and it was kinda meh. Then I brought it up by several threads, and now it’s perfect! I also got a brushed aluminum shift **** with yellow stitched boot. I may try out a 917 style wood shift **** soon.

Today I installed a 991.2 steering wheel. It really makes the interior look and feel new again. I have a pair of yellow seatbelts that I might install tomorrow—the interior should be complete after that.

If anyone wants to buy the GT4 shifter, let me know.

Last edited by SQ13; Today at 05:10 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ShiftyWolf (Today)

Quick Reply: What did you do with your 981 today?