Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rules, shmules.

tino
Old 09-22-2013, 04:05 PM
968gene
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 30 Posts

This all seems pretty clear to me....POSTING PARTS/CARS FOR SALE OR PARTS/CARS WANTED

If you want to post model-related items or cars for sale here, or request parts or cars wanted to buy, you MUST be a paid Rennlist Member.

Please include a detailed description and the asking price in all For Sale posts.

Any 'For Sale' and 'Parts Wanted' posts by non-members, or by Members with no asking price, "Best Offer", "Make an Offer", "Highest Offer over $xx", "Email for Details and Price", etc. will be removed without notice.

OK, now that's settled, here's some additional suggestions:

Create a detailed post with pics of the item for sale in the Members Classified forum:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ysprune=&f=136

Then, post a For Sale thread in the model-specific forum with a simple description of the item and a link to the detailed post in the Classified forum. Ask that non-Members PM you for additional details.

By posting in the Classified forum, other Members with other models will also see your item when they would not have seen it in the model forum. For example, a set of turbo twist wheels you want to sell will fit several other Porsche models.

We encourage you to sell to Members first, but realize that there are many non-Members who may also want your item.

While not mandatory, we also encourage Member pricing, i.e. a discount price when sold to another Member.

By targeting your sales to other Members, the Rennlist Admins can step in and provide assistance in the event that a transaction goes bad - they have all pertinent info for Members, but non-Members are completely anonymous.

Finally - it is extremely bad form to jump into someone's For Sale thread and post a similar item that you too have for sale. Show some courtesy and get a friggin' clue.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:35 PM
redbaron
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ramius 665 and MGW-Fla, thanks for your well wishes, it is hard to believe that the "RedBaron" is leaving my garage. Hopefully some action will take place next week. I will probably still attend the Swap Meet in Hershey and will look for your cars.

Don
Old 09-24-2013, 11:27 PM
pauldavidanthony
Intermediate

Hey Don,
What a Bummer!
If it makes you feel any better I just sold my '93 coupe.
But I have nothing but GREAT memories of the 968 shows in Hershey. I definitely loved attending.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:46 PM
redbaron
Instructor

Update - gentleman from Kansas picked up my 968 Coupe on Monday Oct 21st and then drove to New York for a meeting. On Wednesday he began his trip home to Kansas. I could not help think about my 15,068 mile 968 but as my wife told me "It ain't your car no more!" - lol! For the trip, we took off the Saratoga Top and replaced it with the original metal roof.

I miss the car but my Daughter appreciates the financial assistance!

Red Baron
Old 10-25-2013, 04:03 PM
fejjj
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by redbaron
Update - gentleman from Kansas picked up my 968 Coupe on Monday Oct 21st and then drove to New York for a meeting. On Wednesday he began his trip home to Kansas. I could not help think about my 15,068 mile 968 but as my wife told me "It ain't your car no more!" - lol! For the trip, we took off the Saratoga Top and replaced it with the original metal roof.

I miss the car but my Daughter appreciates the financial assistance!

Red Baron
Happy for you Don!

You are the most helpful and thorough Porsche person I have ever had the pleasure to work with.

Thank you!!
Old 10-26-2013, 12:56 PM
redbaron
Instructor

Jeff,

Thanks for the compliments.

I enjoyed meeting you, and your son Ben, when you drove all the way from NY State to pick up my items. Good luck to both of you in selling all my rare 968 collectibles. Lots of time, and money, went into collecting all those items since 1994!

Don
Old 10-26-2013, 09:26 PM
redbaron
Instructor

Just heard from new owner that he has safely arrived back in Kansas. I must admit I was tempted to call him just about every day. He said the car "performed flawlessly" and he wants to wash and wax her asap, since that is what she was used to in my garage - lol.

I has been a pleasure to host the 7 968 Celebrations in Hershey with 298 968 Coupes, Cabriolets, Turbo S's and 1 Turbo RS attending. My last 968 Celebration was in 2009. Never did get 100 968s to attend any of the years but did get Matt Drendel to ship his beautiful 968 Turbo RS (first of four made by the factory) to the 2007 Celebration. As you may know, Matt passed at age 45 and his car was sold at Auction for $325,000!

It has been great getting to know all of you 968 owners (and those planning to buy one) over these many years. Best of luck with your cars in the future.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:13 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Hey Don, if you don't mind, tell the new owner to drop by the KC Wrenching Society website (www KCWS.org) and say howdy! We'd love to meet up with him and see his new toy!
Old 10-27-2013, 05:08 PM
redbaron
Instructor

Scott, will do once he recovers from his trip and gets my car looking great again - lol. Since he is a surgeon, not sure whether he wrenches but he does enjoy Porsches and will probably be interested. If my memory (and records) serves me correctly, you attended the 2003 968 Celebration in Hershey with your 1992 Horizon Blue Metallic Cabriolet? That was a great year since we had 74 968s at the event!
Old 10-28-2013, 02:59 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Scott, will do once he recovers from his trip and gets my car looking great again - lol. Since he is a surgeon, not sure whether he wrenches but he does enjoy Porsches and will probably be interested. If my memory (and records) serves me correctly, you attended the 2003 968 Celebration in Hershey with your 1992 Horizon Blue Metallic Cabriolet? That was a great year since we had 74 968s at the event!
I maintain his cars, so it will be in good hands
Old 10-28-2013, 09:10 PM
redbaron
Instructor

Doc, he mentioned that he had communicated with you about my car but he never mentioned you by name. It is truly a small world in the Porsche 968 community - lol! He is a super guy and I was glad to be able to sell it to someone who will have his car taken car of, like I did, professionally.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:17 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheDoc
I maintain his cars, so it will be in good hands

I have had the pleasure to meet Doc in person. Amazing guy and a great wrench.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:22 PM
redbaron
Instructor

Raj, great testimonial from also a great wrench - you! Hope your Turbo S is still running great!

I feel like I have given away one of my children but just found out that their new parents are great family people. Yeah, I know it is just a car, but I had her for 19 years in my garage - lol!
Old 10-28-2013, 10:48 PM
fejjj
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Raj, great testimonial from also a great wrench - you! Hope your Turbo S is still running great!

I feel like I have given away one of my children but just found out that their new parents are great family people. Yeah, I know it is just a car, but I had her for 19 years in my garage - lol!

Don,

Sounds like you need to have a good cry. Put on some sad music and let it flow.

Quick Reply: Redbaron is selling his Coupe