968 Forum 1992-1995

New Wipers

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 04:11 PM
miramar_trieste
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Wipers

Hi everyone - noticing my wipers are getting dull and want to ask what the best wipers are for the car through winter since I am in Ontario....also if anyone knows an on-line vendor I can purchase them from...

Thanks in advance to all responses...

1995 Black/Black '968
Old 11-13-2012, 05:12 PM
JDS968
Bannana Shine
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 219 Posts

I've tried a variety of the traditional cantilevered wipers and found them all to work poorly, including the Bosch ones. I tried every one of those new mono-blade wipers in the auto parts store and nothing fit. Finally I ordered a pair of Valeo blade wipers from Pelican. They fit properly, I'll tell you in a day or two how well they work.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:13 PM
miramar_trieste
Instructor

Originally Posted by JDS968
I've tried a variety of the traditional cantilevered wipers and found them all to work poorly, including the Bosch ones. I tried every one of those new mono-blade wipers in the auto parts store and nothing fit. Finally I ordered a pair of Valeo blade wipers from Pelican. They fit properly, I'll tell you in a day or two how well they work.

Thanks!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:34 PM
JoeH968
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JDS968
How did these wipers work out? Thanks.

Joe
Old 01-01-2013, 11:51 PM
JDS968
Bannana Shine
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 219 Posts

Sorry for the delay. They mounted to the arms properly, but the driver's side blade does not make contact with the windshield properly for the first four or five inches of its stroke, thus leaving a triangular section unwiped in the center of the windshield at the bottom. Doesn't really interfere with visibility much, but it's terribly annoying. It's very strange, I can't figure out what's wrong. Could my windshield wiper arm be very slightly bent? Maybe the wiper blade just doesn't have enough offset from the arm? They both work very well, much better than the old ones, on the rest of the windshield, where they are actually making contact. I'm somewhat bewildered.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:24 AM
tamathumper
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same exact problem with Bosch Marathons.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:31 AM
968gene
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 30 Posts

Has anyone found a better wiper arm? Not just the blade or blade holder but the entire arm

Trending Topics

Old 03-27-2013, 01:59 PM
miramar_trieste
Instructor

I tried the bosch evolution blades, and the passenger side sits nice on the shield, but the left side because it's slightly a curved blade, the middle does not touch the glass...So when it's wiping, there is a small patch on the right side of the driver windshield that does not clear, and it's a major pain! lol

Does anyone have a recommended wiper blade for summer/rain weather for the 968?

Quick Reply: New Wipers