Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

had some bad 968 news today

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 01:26 PM
firemn131
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Thank you, thank you, thank you. A huge sigh of relief. I put all of TB stuff on today as a dry run. I had to scour the junk yard to find all of the parts when I bought it. So far it looks like I have everything. I did replace the small gear on the crank. it was gouged. The hall sensor looks good. not brittle at all, so I am gonna let it ride. Now I am just sorting through all of the loose hardware and matching it up with the part numbers from the diagrams. To make sure I have the right bolts etc. We move into our new house with a lift in 99 days. Then the 928 will start feeling the love too. It is soo hard to not finish this all at once. This is my sons car and I am having him be a part of all phases. But, his schedule and him living with his mom, mean that we have too much time between assembly....So, I put everything together and then take it back apart so he can do it when he is here. It definitely helps me to not forget things and to be familiar with the build process..

So far he and I have taken the cams off, head off, front of engine seals, replaced vario-cam pads and chain. Torn down lifters to Parade rest and reassembled. Rebuilding alternator harness today. I will do some of the mickey mouse with out him just to keep him motivated. Maybe I will start a thread.

These forums have saved me much headache, time and $$$$$. on my 928.

Cant thank you all enough.

john
Old 06-21-2014, 01:35 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like a fun project with your son! If you don't start a thread, at least tell us how it goes on this thread! This thread needed a happy ending. have fun!
Old 06-21-2014, 10:21 PM
firemn131
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Thread Started!

Quick Reply: had some bad 968 news today