968 Forum 1992-1995

Deviated carpet in black with Cashmere

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 10:02 AM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by FrenchToast
I'll respond with a new question for the expert!

So how many Tiptronics are there with sport seats.....?

You should write a book about just the 968. You are an uber-expert! (Or maybe you have written a book, and I just don't know it.....)

This gives me an idea..... maybe I'll come up with dream options on a 968 and see if any ever have been produced

Take care!
Ask and you'll have an answer:
  • 154 - NA 968 coupes with sport seats
  • 9 - NA 968 coupes with sport seats and tipronic
  • 145 - NA 968 coupes with sport seats and 6 speed
  • 67 - NA 968 cabs with sport seats
  • 15 - NA 968 cabs with sport seats and tipronic
  • 52 - NA 968 cabs with sport seats and 6 speed

So the eBay coupe is a rare one.

As for the book, not yet and probably never, I would only sell a dozen copies to you guys and michelle

If you have any other questions just ask.

Jeff
Old 05-08-2012, 03:20 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

LOL! I'd buy it!
Old 05-08-2012, 09:56 PM
968 GUY
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I enjoy my tip, even though I just had to buy and install a new damper plate.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:08 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff968
If you have any other questions just ask.

Jeff
Well if you say so.....

What are the rarer interior colors out there? obviously, black and cashmere aren't, I've seen white/grey, blue, grey/black and used to have pictures of a brownish-red color, think it was called walnut or something, only seven made maybe?

Just wondering what the interior looks like in colors other than the usual, if you have any pictures.

This ones a longshot, but do you have any technical info on the Turbo RS? Curious how 'stock' it is.

Also, what part of CT are you in? you can PM if you want.

Take care!
Old 05-09-2012, 10:22 AM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FrenchToast
Well if you say so.....

What are the rarer interior colors out there? obviously, black and cashmere aren't, I've seen white/grey, blue, grey/black and used to have pictures of a brownish-red color, think it was called walnut or something, only seven made maybe?

Just wondering what the interior looks like in colors other than the usual, if you have any pictures.

This ones a longshot, but do you have any technical info on the Turbo RS? Curious how 'stock' it is.

Also, what part of CT are you in? you can PM if you want.

Take care!
FT,

Porsche has interior options based on color and type. There were actually 99 interiors offered on the 968 during its 4 years of production. The wilder colors are the rare ones such as magenta (purple), cobalt (bright blue) and the chestnut brown which you touched on. We had a coupe with the chestnut interior show up at Hershey this year. I've attached a photo. There were only 6 coupes and 5 cabs produced with this interior. The absolute rarest and most desirable interiors are the special leathers such as Flamenco/Matador Red and provience blue. Just a couple of 968s were produced with these rare interiors (Raj has one, his car is the only coupe with the Flamenco Red interior, 2 cabs had it).

I don't have info on the Turbo RS. I really just know the regular production line 968s and I'm in Trumbull CT, an hour outside of NYC. If you are in the neighborhood stop by, there is always a 968 show at my house.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:03 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

99 interiors? Whoa. I can think of, um, Cashmere, Marble Grey, Black, Flamenco Red, Provience Blue, Magenta, Chestnut, Cobalt, Linen, and, uh, that's it

Jeff, do you know what color this is? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-...item231e690366 No affil. I like it. Is it a factory color, or an unknown repaint?

BTW - all these statistics you know, are they just for North America or International?

Take care!
Old 06-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Dougs951
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

FT,

Porsche has interior options based on color and type. There were actually 99 interiors offered on the 968 during its 4 years of production. The wilder colors are the rare ones such as magenta (purple), cobalt (bright blue) and the chestnut brown which you touched on. We had a coupe with the chestnut interior show up at Hershey this year. I've attached a photo. There were only 6 coupes and 5 cabs produced with this interior. The absolute rarest and most desirable interiors are the special leathers such as Flamenco/Matador Red and provience blue. Just a couple of 968s were produced with these rare interiors (Raj has one, his car is the only coupe with the Flamenco Red interior, 2 cabs had it).

I don't have info on the Turbo RS. I really just know the regular production line 968s and I'm in Trumbull CT, an hour outside of NYC. If you are in the neighborhood stop by, there is always a 968 show at my house.

Make that 1 cab with Flamenco, there is someone parting it on ebay.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:48 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Dougs951
What? Why? No!

Someone should buy the whole interior so it doesn't all dissolve apart from eachother.

Take care
Old 06-12-2012, 11:20 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts
Default oh come on.....

You don't see ANY of these.

The chasmere interior cars usually have a matching cashmere carpet. It was a $67 option to get it in black.

fifu....

Jeff.

any chance we'll be able to source a rug for one of these ****boxes at some point ? sorry if i sound like a lover scorned, but these cars were about 2/3 of a real Porsche back in the day... and yes. you sure as hell can get a nice rug for a 911.... so, excuse me if i sound a little pissed.

od.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:45 PM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dougs951
Nope, the parts on eBay are mislabeled. Those parts are Chestnut. You can tell because certain parts were not available in Flamenco such as the steering wheel. With a Flamenco interior the steering wheel would have been black. Just check PET or ask Raj, he has a Flamenco interior in his coupe and the steering wheel is black.

Yes, all my stats are for North American 968s.

Jeff
Old 06-12-2012, 11:57 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Nope, the parts on eBay are mislabeled. Those parts are Chestnut.
Phew. There's eight more versions of that interior than we first thought!

Do you know the color of this car? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-...item231e690366

Take care!
Old 06-13-2012, 12:07 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

the lighting is awful... very misleading. twilight always is....

almost looks like 1/2 way between Slate Grey and Horizon Blue on black.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Ceenit
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had that black/cashmere color combo interior on my first 968 cab(exterior was guards red). Loved that interior. I have a black/grey interior now, which i like, but loved the black carpets before better. One of my option codes on that car was '09991 manufacture from exclusive program/special order vehicle'...not sure if that related to the interior color combo or something else the origninal owner may have asked for.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:52 PM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ceenit
I had that black/cashmere color combo interior on my first 968 cab(exterior was guards red). Loved that interior. I have a black/grey interior now, which i like, but loved the black carpets before better. One of my option codes on that car was '09991 manufacture from exclusive program/special order vehicle'...not sure if that related to the interior color combo or something else the origninal owner may have asked for.
You have to have an X code option in order to have the 09991 exclusive program listed on your option tag. The deviated carpet is not one of those options (it is a 5 digit numeric, 13941). However, the very common XD4 painted crest center caps are so you see 09991 quite often since so many 968s were equipped with XD4 painted crest center caps.

Quick Reply: Deviated carpet in black with Cashmere