Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 12:04 PM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 748 Likes on 537 Posts

Originally Posted by odurandina
barn find.

waitaminute.... you were gonna pay $14 k for a car with a bad carfax ?

be thinking more like $7.5~8.5 k (tops) for that thing bro.
It's listed in New Hampshire for $9K and is physically there. I'm seeing it on Thursday. I believe that the West Palm Craigslist ad is either a scam or someone trying to flip a car he found on the Internet (but doesn't have possession).

It's not the carfax that's bad...it's the odometer that's problematic. Carfax is clean. Someone either legitimately replaced the speedo and the dealer just isn't aware of it (or is choosing to be unaware), or someone rolled it back. Either way, I know the mileage is higher than shown. The key question is how much higher, and only a thorough inspection will help to determine that. I may also find the PO's name/contact information in the glove box or elsewhere in the car...done that before. Might be able to learn more about the history that way...

Shoot, if I had $14K to spend , I'd be looking at the '95 MO30 Green coupe offered by one of the banned vendors. That one looks like a bargain, ready to rock and roll!

Lee

Last edited by lml999; 02-28-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Anybody know this car? Black on black '94 six speed coupe in New England