Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > 924/944/951/968 Model Specific Technical Forums > 968 Forum
Reload this Page >

Headlight fixes,elec dwgs,assy,part#s,factoryadjust,pics w/wo fender,bumper,tons INFO

Notices

Headlight fixes,elec dwgs,assy,part#s,factoryadjust,pics w/wo fender,bumper,tons INFO

Old 01-13-2012, 02:44 PM
jeff968
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nice Mike, thanks!
Old 01-13-2012, 03:13 PM
RajDatta
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sh944 View Post
If, for some reason, the mods here can't or don't want to create DIY for us, I can allocate a space on KCWS for a 968 DIY archive if anyone thinks that might help. Just let me know.

And yeah, 993's are great looking cars.

Regards,
Not a bad idea. We have been asking for a DIY section for a while now.
Raj
Old 01-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Damian in NJ
Super User

Originally Posted by 968TurboS View Post
Damian, only air cooled I would consider is a 993. They are so pretty.
There is that 993 cab in Riviera Blue with yellow accents Exclusiv car built for a Bacardi Rum heir that comes up for sale once in a while . . .
Old 03-29-2012, 04:40 PM
notthd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bump for lister with light issues, and my lack of cut and paste knowledge....

Cheers, mike
Old 03-29-2012, 10:41 PM
blackboy
User

This is perfect. I believe my problem is with the locking wheel, it seems to be warn or a piece broke off and when you shut the lights off the arm retracts the wheel but it disconnects from the back of the headlight and the light stays upright. Does anyone know if this locking wheel is replaceable?
Old 03-31-2012, 12:55 PM
notthd
Addict
Rennlist Member

It is, I may even have one with a spring. You can see into it as the pics show. Simply put the lights up, turn off, the one that stays up pull forward and use the lock pin to hold forward. You will have room to look inside to inspect. Let us know what you find.

Cheers, mike
Old 03-30-2013, 11:10 AM
Tony West
New User

Hi, I havent read the above word for word but, there seems to be one thing not mentioned, One of my lights would not rise, and the motor seemed dead, these motors are so expencive, I have no idea why, the same as some wiper motors, except for the 5 wires not the normal 4, different mountings, my electrical genius stripped it, it was new inside, but there,s a thermal cut out that should cut back in, mine didnt, he jumped round it with link wire, it works, he did advise a fuse be added in the line in case there was something a miss
Old 03-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Tony West
New User

Hase anyone got drivers side trim for rear hatch, someone pinched my one, Tony.

Last edited by Tony West; 03-30-2013 at 11:18 AM. Reason: missed word 968
Old 03-30-2013, 01:04 PM
odurandina
Slayer of Economic Optimism

Rennlist Member

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.

Originally Posted by 968TurboS View Post

Damian, only air cooled I would consider is a 993. They are so pretty.
i'm too poor for a 993, so i juss stole me 2 993 fenders (the pretty part) off a dead bugwagon and welded them on....

Attached Images   
Old 07-02-2015, 07:50 PM
Rudey08
User

Default Headlight motor

Has anyone had luck rebuilding / overhauling a 968 headlight motor, or know of a business that can do such a thing? i'm pretty certain the motor itself is my issue ( left light doesn't raise, wont respond to manual movement) a quick google search shows that the corvette folks have a few businesses that specialize in this sort of motor.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:25 PM
Turbo16v
User

Sorry for bumping and old thread but I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the headlight motor can be removed with the headlight locked in the up position? Is there enough room to access/remove it or do I need to remove the fender?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headlight fixes,elec dwgs,assy,part#s,factoryadjust,pics w/wo fender,bumper,tons INFO

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: