Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

POST 968!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 01:34 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by ritzblitz
Im trying to get a 968 and put a duct tape shifter on it and do 190

were you born in a cesspool or was this something you just decided to arbitrarily step into ?

not that a person as sleazy as yourself even deserves an explanation, but my shifter mod is extremely clean. the shift linkage is subject to a lot of vibration. having a soft compressible gasket in between two solid layers isn't that strange at all for a one off mod where vibrations come into play. i could have used parchment, kevlar or any other number of exotic materials that would have sounded just a bit more 'sexy' (for a supercar owner like yourself) before pushing the cf **** over the shaft, but i decided the tape would be just fine for pressing it down and getting a semi-permanent result—which i most surely did.

https://rennlist.com/forums/968-foru...uld-to-it.html

people seemed to enjoy the thread. thanks so much for crapping all over it... as far as building a car to do whatever speed, there are many roads that can be taken to get you there. the automobile manufacturers have been keen on turbos, superchargers and more recently going back to the age-old adage that 'there's just no substitute for more cubic inches.' there was a time. perhaps about a year ago where i posted my opinion in a rather heavy-handed way and i apologized and moved on. but idiots like yourself never seem to shut the f_ck up about it.... anyway, i guess having a faster car is a bull**** mod too. not that you deserve any explanation. an any event, can we move on and or should i just say the obvious — please don't bring the 'it's highschool all over again,' 944 forum over to this nice place. in other words, kindly, f_ck off.

Attached Images  

Last edited by odurandina; 03-31-2011 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:01 PM
JDS968
Bannana Shine
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by FRporscheman
- Maybe owners don't post (or even lurk) because their 968 is always running great.

- There isn't much to talk about regarding 968s, all mods are well covered and like I said repairs aren't needed often. The majority of the threads in the 951 board are regarding engine repair, turbo-related mods, and bench racing. Oh yeah, and parts for sale.
I feel as if you're posting from some parallel universe of 968 ownership where everything works and does not seem hypnotically in need of modifications and upgrades...please, where is the interdimensional portal to cross over? I'm jealous!
Old 03-31-2011, 02:12 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

Josh, the other day i went down so South Beach. i should have stopped over but i figured you were busy at martial arts class. anyway i parked on Collins about a block down from Versace House. right as i was getting out of my car a guy pulls up in the yellow 360 Modina that you see down there (quite often) and wanted to know all about my car. mentioned that he had a nice 944 when he was a kid..... by the end of the conversation he said he wanted to get another one just to tinker around with or do a restore.... at the 24 hours of Daytona event where so many cool P-car owners wanted to know more about my car, took pics, etc... amazing how much i offend people face to face, being that i'm such an ******* and all. then you come on rennlist and it's like, you can't have a friendly conversation about cars with a little 'edge,' without 944 and 944 T owners freaking out about how mindboggling their cars are.

Quick Reply: POST 968!!!!