Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

SOLD: late 1994 968 M030 Turbo Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2020, 07:57 PM
boost feen
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Sorry to hear that this car got totaled that’s a shame another M030 bites the dust and another coupe Down he drain. 2020 hasn’t been kind to her bummer well I hope nobody got hurt and that’s a great price for the entire engine bump
Old 12-30-2020, 07:49 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

Sad to hear about the car's demise.
Spark plugs off, and a few ml's of Remington gun oil in the cylinders.
Plugs back on.
Engine can rest happily a long time after doing it--
a plenty long time for the next buyer to get it running perfect.

Last edited by odurandina; 12-30-2020 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-08-2021, 11:24 AM
LTDzak
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

John, not to be morbid, but how did the car perform safety wise in the crash? Crumple pretty good, airbag deployed, driver OK or reasonably ok? Doors open and close ok? Passenger airbag deploy?
Old 01-08-2021, 10:09 PM
W.Bruckner
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jsheiry
Just got a note from forum mods about need to post a price on everything so here goes ....Only thing for sale is complete motor, electronics, intake to exhaust $ 7500.00 will discuss delivery in parted chassis feel free to email PM to discuss.
Do you have details of the build? Pistons, compression ratio, turbo?
Old 01-10-2021, 04:48 PM
jsheiry
Rennlist Member

Received 209 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by W.Bruckner
Do you have details of the build? Pistons, compression ratio, turbo?
I do not have details of original build that go deeper than this thread provides but do have detailed $14K receipt for work performed 1000 miles ago at respected Porsche Shop. When you read from start to finish I get the sense that it has stock pistons, the recent receipt shows Pauter Forged Con rods installed during new rings, all new bearings, head refresh, turbo refresh, water pump, belts, etc..

Update, I started motor yesterday and let warm up...changed oil & filter. I will make running video soon as its currently loud with rear half of exhaust removed for transmission removal. Sounded Great ! Sure my neighbors love me.

Originally Posted by LTDzak
John, not to be morbid, but how did the car perform safety wise in the crash? Crumple pretty good, airbag deployed, driver OK or reasonably ok? Doors open and close ok? Passenger airbag deploy?
LTDzak best I know is both 20 something kids walked away from high speed crash, car crashed harder than any other 968 I have seen from other part outs. Both airbags deployed, all four corners significant damage. When you lift the hatch carpet there is a ripple in the floor that stands a few inches tall. Passenger airbag hinges in such a way that when it blows out it comes around and breaks the windshield as you can see the marks. Shockingly the doors open and close reluctantly as the body around is quite twisted. In fact the doors, door handles, door mirrors, and hatch look nearly perfect for a car that was tossed around pretty hard at high speeds as I understand.

Last edited by jsheiry; 01-10-2021 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:12 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

The transaxle driveline design keeps our cars from crushing the drivers.
These cars are very stiff. Airbags are extremely brutal hits.
They deploy, and if the occupants are lucky, usually survive
with a few broken bones, bruised brains, etc....
Fatalities likely involve basal skull fractures, brain trauma and internal injuries
from the extreme, violent deceleration these cars can produce,
and drivers not having the benefit of a race harness & Hans.
Old 01-11-2021, 02:01 PM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 123 Posts

Doing the Matador rebuild has shown me the same thing. These cars are very well built, with up to five layers of metal in some weld areas. The Matador was hit hard but the specific area of the car took all of it. Doors opened, hatch didn't break. I was able to remove 99% of the damaged area for the donor graft.

Quick Reply: SOLD: late 1994 968 M030 Turbo Coupe