968 Forum 1992-1995

Lord galva speaks from the heart

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 05:57 AM
Lord_Galva
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by odurandina
i wasn't going to post. but, Tom chose to point out a few glaring "things," and i don't think he should be accused of trying to make anyone feel better or worse. we obviously 'all' feel something for the owner of this thread...

i'm not about not forgiving someone. it's a rough world out there. things happen.

but, he attempted to cover up his reckless actions over a long period of time... then, he returned in a 968 with an impenitent "swagger" that would make VR Alexander jealous, hoping that nobody would remember, and bragging about his 968th post.... then, he barely flinched in the face of the thorough drubbing he received... kind of creepy. not exactly one of the high points in the rich history of this automobile.

sorry to say, i think this thread was made by someone with a rather, unremorseful, bizarre agenda.
Jeez!
I wasn't trying to cover anything up.
I didn't know what to do during that period. Who does?
I was overwhelmed by emotions then, and when I look back now I still cannot believe what I did to everyone here. I truly am sorry I did that. I was very uncomfortable talking about a lost friend. Especially one who's life I took by accident. When I got home from the hospital all I wanted to do was to take the family van, drive to the nearest bridge and jump. I felt it was unfair that I lived and Ken didn't. I struggled with this for a very long time and ended up convincing myself that killing myself would have only brought on more pain.

I am not "showing off" my discharge summary to wear as a badge of honor.
I am displaying it to clearly show that it is a miricle I am standing here today.
If anything it was my loving family and friends that pleaded for my life in prayer that kept me alive.

I am quickly realizing that I should have started with and apology post first, then show off the new car. However if I did that, I wouldn't have found out how hurt most of you are. This can only mean that you guys really care. I am thankful that some of you speak your mind. I am hoping together we can move forward and get back to talking about the greatest car you can buy for under 20k.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:05 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Lord_Galva
the greatest car you can buy for under 20k.
Have you SEEN 996 prices?
Old 11-26-2010, 11:53 AM
rgs944
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I will go along with the greatest car you can buy for under 10K. For under 20k there are a few more choices. A buddy of mine got a 56,000 mile Z06 with ten grand in mods for 20K. Hard to find that kind of deal but they are out there.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:43 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

wow.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:31 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by odurandina
wow.
give it a rest

this kid's been through enough, lets talk cars. im not even trying to defend him, what he did was wrong but its been 3 years and hes apologized... what do you want from him? And it seems like those that should be most upset aren't even taking part in this discussion. i feel weird just commenting since it didn't involve me, i can only imagine where you all get off coming down on him so hard...
Old 11-27-2010, 03:42 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

"wow" was referring to the deal on the corvette from post # 18.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:01 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

oh. well. i agree then.

my apologies.

Quick Reply: Lord galva speaks from the heart