968 Forum 1992-1995

Minty at Porsche Museum

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 06:55 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Minty at Porsche Museum

Love those minty Cup 1's. And Walter Rohrl admiring the German Minty.
Attached Images   
Old 03-26-2010, 07:00 PM
future
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOVE plus the blue roof

What is that front splitter - not seen before?
Old 03-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

It was an Exclusiv option made by Techart, as is the rear winglet.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:39 PM
ramius665
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As much as I love the aftermarket trunk spoilers, I could never bring myself to drill holes in my trunklid.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Raj can tell, but I think it might be a double sided 3M tape. I couldn't bring myself either.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:47 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

It does use double sided 3M tape and uses clips/clamps to hold it to the edges. No drilling required. I tried it for a while and then eventually put it on permanently with the tape.
Raj
Old 03-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ramius665
As much as I love the aftermarket trunk spoilers, I could never bring myself to drill holes in my trunklid.
These were made by techart for porsche and available through Porsche as a special wishes option. The have porsche part #'s. So not really aftermarket imo. I love the rear spoiler, but prefer the Turbo S front splitter over this one.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:10 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Originally Posted by Fox944
These were made by techart for porsche and available through Porsche as a special wishes option. The have porsche part #'s. So not really aftermarket imo. I love the rear spoiler, but prefer the Turbo S front splitter over this one.
As I said earlier, this was Exclusiv. I also said these were Techart. Special wishes was the earlier program.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:25 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
As I said earlier, this was Exclusiv. I also said these were Techart. Special wishes was the earlier program.
VRS department. AKA Exclusiv, AKA Special Wishes, AKA Special Works, AKA Werke I. Call it whatever you'd like. Its all the same. And these parts are not aftermarket. They are made by techart for Porsche as i stated and have porsche part #'s. In fact, techart made many parts for Porsche, not only for the 968...but a few other cars. Both interior & exterior bits. And that was my point. I don't understand why you are trying to combat this or argue? You seem to enjoy arguing just to argue.

Thats great that you also said these were techart, would you like a cookie?
Old 03-27-2010, 09:17 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Who's arguing? You just repeated everything I said earlier, but misspoke about the term of the internal program Porsche used for custom options; during the period of the 968 it was called Exclusiv. If you saw earlier pictures you would see this car has body colored dash and door panel parts as well from the Exclusiv program.

You also could get the splitter and winglet from Techart direct, so they were both factory supplied and aftermarket available.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
Who's arguing? You just repeated everything I said earlier, but misspoke about the term of the internal program Porsche used for custom options; during the period of the 968 it was called Exclusiv. If you saw earlier pictures you would see this car has body colored dash and door panel parts as well from the Exclusiv program.

You also could get the splitter and winglet from Techart direct, so they were both factory supplied and aftermarket available.
there was no misuse of the term, you just want to argue to argue. Grow Up kiddo. Really.

You like to argue semantics and the misuse of terms, meanwhile you misuse terms on a daily basis. There is no right or wrong here, get over it, move on, and again....grow up. How old are you agian? My Nephews arnt as hard headed...unreal.

As i said, it is called the VRS department. AKA Exclusiv, AKA Exclusive, AKA Special Wishes, AKA Special Works, AKA Werke I. Call it whatever you'd like. Its all the same. And you are wrong, This would be a "Special Wishes" car as per another members Window Sticker for his 1995 Coupe; which has "Special Wishes" listed on it (Not "Exclusiv")

I did not repeat everything you said. You made no mention that these were factory parts. And that was the point of my post. You said they were techart parts available through the exclusiv program. Ramius was still under the impression that they are aftermarket and i just wanted to clear up that they do indeed carry Porsche part #'s.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Shamus
Rennlist Member

Really?
Old 03-27-2010, 10:02 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thats great that you also said these were techart, would you like a cookie?
Please remember that eating is NOT allowed in the forum.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:06 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

there was no misuse of the term, you just want to argue to argue. Grow Up kiddo. Really.

You like to argue semantics and the misuse of terms, meanwhile you misuse terms on a daily basis. There is no right or wrong here, get over it, move on, and again....grow up. How old are you agian? My Nephews arnt as hard headed...unreal.
1. Damian is a long time and respected member of Rennlist.

2. This is posted at the top of the forum, please take a moment to reacquaint yourself:
https://rennlist.com/forums/968-foru...68-forums.html

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:28 AM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ltc
1. Damian is a long time and respected member of Rennlist.

2. This is posted at the top of the forum, please take a moment to reacquaint yourself:
https://rennlist.com/forums/968-foru...68-forums.html

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

2. Read it, and my apologies. Will cooperate.

1. Regardless of whether or not someone is a long time member, one should not be bashed and all rules should apply to everyone equally.

Quick Reply: Minty at Porsche Museum