Deutsch Nine 968 Turbo RS Version 2 rear wing completed - Finally

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 06:26 PM
future
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deutsch Nine 968 Turbo RS Version 2 rear wing completed - Finally

Hi Gents

This is a cross post as you might all be interest in taking a look at our new finished 968 Turbo RS Version 2 rear wing

The thread is over on the 944 Turbo Board because I posted in the wrong place by mistake and should have put the cross post over there (sorry): https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...d-finally.html

Here are a few of pictures but all of them are in the linked thread above:

C/F center section pictures to follow shortly

Best regards,
Mark and Beni

Last edited by future; 04-04-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:43 PM
rdhayward
Racer

Nice!
Old 03-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If I had a coupe it'd be on my car!
Old 03-06-2010, 10:50 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome!
On the list for my 951. All for a little more than a used 968 standard hatch.

Last edited by PorscheDude1; 03-07-2010 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-06-2010, 11:51 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

holy JESUS !!

Looks like some 944 guy will be wearing my spoiler not before too long.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:08 AM
flwbyu
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is epic. I am really interested in -

TRS V2 wing except it will be powered and driven via the Motronics so that the wing will adjust automatically and at rapid speed so that the wing will lay flat during acceleration, extend dependent upon steering input and brake force through corner and straights plus we are also working on integrating an Air Brake into the system.
This is great stuff for the 968. Great job!
Old 03-07-2010, 02:01 AM
JDS968
Bannana Shine
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 219 Posts

Saw the photos here and then the rest in the other thread...I don't even know what to say, that's got to be the sexiest rear wing I've ever seen, it's the perfect balance of sleek, aggressive and classy. Well done!

And I can't wait for the photos with the center section fully extended

Important questions:

1: What's this about OEM side and rear trim panels? When I remove my rear wing to install this one, are these panels going to be left in place, and fit together with your wing? Or are they integral to the OEM wing, and have to be replaced as part of yours? I've never taken apart my wing and I don't precisely know what's going on with this :P

2: Will it be available unpainted?

3: How much extra do you think the active spoiler will be, and how much weight do you think the servos will add?
Old 03-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Miles968
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks Great! Let's see some pictures of the entire car, engine bay and interior.........
Old 03-07-2010, 05:46 PM
future
Banned

1: What's this about OEM side and rear trim panels? When I remove my rear wing to install this one, are these panels going to be left in place, and fit together with your wing? Or are they integral to the OEM wing, and have to be replaced as part of yours? I've never taken apart my wing and I don't precisely know what's going on with this :P
This is reference the matt black painted FRP trim pieces that run around the edge of the 968 hatch frame. The 944 does not have these and instead is fitted with its three piece rubber wing. Our TRS V2 wing fits directly with the OEM side and rear frame trim pieces so all 968 owners do not need these

2: Will it be available unpainted?
Yes both FRP and C/F versions however the C/F will not require any further finishing, just simple bolt on.

3: How much extra do you think the active spoiler will be, and how much weight do you think the servos will add?
To be honest we have no idea yet and testing will be a 3 month affair so this will not be available unfortunately this side of summer. We have to look at hydraulic rams vers motors first. Ideally we’d like to use motors but I do not think we will find ones strong enough which are nice and small. Rams are also a lot more durable over the long run. We will keep the progress updated.
Looks Great! Let's see some pictures of the entire car, engine bay and interior.........
Hi Miles, the car is not finished yet and we are missing a few parts so always on the ebay hunt etc. The car currently still has its NA engine fitted but we will drop a Turbo lump in once every other element of the car is completed. We need to fit the KW’s first so when they are on I promise we will post some good quality exterior pictures. Wheels are proper Speedlines with new 993 Turbo Big red brakes and matching discs We still have the OEM 17” Cup 1’s and will paint these Maritime blue to match so we can swap between.

Thanks to all for the great comments which are much appreciated

Best regards,
Mark
Old 03-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

More pics !
Old 03-07-2010, 07:41 PM
future
Banned

If I had a coupe it'd be on my car!
Do you think it would be worth us doing a similar one for the cab? I've only ever seen 1 other aftermarket spoiler for the cab.

We could also integrate a third brake light into the spoiler using the 993 cab bridge lens which we could adapt to fit.

I LOVE the cabs and we will definitely buy one soon as another project but the OEM brake light just looks like an afterthought which just has to be deleted. I guess we are lucky over in Europe as they are not required.

More pics !
Gregg, I promise very soon mate Just let us fit the KW’s first and bolt up the MO30, 993TT big reds and a discs and that will complete the exterior look nicely we hope.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not a huge fan of the Techart spoiler, mostly because I think it needs to have the splitter to balance the look, and my car is lowered and I'd hate to have it damaged.

I guess I just have to buy another coupe like so many other people have-a coupe and a cab. Certainly Rader's coupe would look nice next to my cab-Jeff would explode if I had a speed yellow coupe and cab combo! Just in NJ we have Steve Z with a speed yellow cab and cobalt blue coupe, and Raj with the alpine white Turbo S replica coupe and riviera blue cab. I'm the underperformer!
Old 03-07-2010, 10:57 PM
grants_968
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Excellent.
The 968 coupe looks naked without the turbo look wing.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:58 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by future
To be honest we have no idea yet and testing will be a 3 month affair so this will not be available unfortunately this side of summer. We have to look at hydraulic rams vers motors first. Ideally we’d like to use motors but I do not think we will find ones strong enough which are nice and small. Rams are also a lot more durable over the long run. We will keep the progress updated.
The 996 Turbo rear wing hydraulics/microswitches has been a bit of an issue; replacement is around $2K when it fails.

My guess would be, given the fact that speed is not an issue, that a small DC (planetary) gear motor would be an excellent choice for your application.
Plenty of torque, easy to mount, easy to control direction (simple wiring).

IMHO, probably a better path to pursue before committing to hydraulics.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:45 PM
future
Banned

My guess would be, given the fact that speed is not an issue, that a small DC (planetary) gear motor would be an excellent choice for your application.
Plenty of torque, easy to mount, easy to control direction (simple wiring).

IMHO, probably a better path to pursue before committing to hydraulics.
Thanks Lewis and yes we will look down this route but a planetary DC gear motor might still be a little on the big side - We'll do some more research and agree that this is definately a cheaper option.

Beni has alot of experience with RC planes so we will also evaluate that route also

Quick Reply: Deutsch Nine 968 Turbo RS Version 2 rear wing completed - Finally