Deutsch Nine 968 Turbo RS Version 2 rear wing completed - Finally

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 05:22 PM
future
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deutsch Nine 968 Turbo RS Version 2 rear wing completed - Finally

Hi Gents

I've just received the finished pictures from Beni of our new 968 Turbo RS Version 2 rear wing.

This project has really take some time to develop due to various factors but mainly to ensure that the product is safe to use on both road and track whilst delivering aero enhance results.

At time it really has been a case of “pass the parcel” as the wing was shipped back and forth between myself and Beni (UK and Switzerland) as we both worked on separate elements of the development and like the development of the Airbus A380 where by 2 separate companies worked on 2 separate parts of the fuselage – when the two meet, well they just didn’t fit 100% perfect. Good news now though is that not only does the wing fit and perform perfectly, it is also 100% symmetrical due to new standards we have employed unlike that of the original made by Porsche

This new development has also seen some significant investments into the D9 Factory along with a little learning curve along the way. We've (Well mainly Beni)been brushing up our skills with Pre-preg Dry Carbon Fibre manufacturing techniques so that we can produce produces which are significantly stronger than Steel and feather light. Adding to our new in-house skill set we have been developing our knowledge of CNC machining and Laser Cutting - the results can be seen with the adjuster plates further down the page.

Anyway enough of my waffle and time for some pictures:

^ First picture demonstrating our 968 TRS Version 2 rear wing in its flat/retracted position.

^ 1 notch up shows the slight increment adjustments which can be made.

^ Another notch up to #3 - there are 4 adjustable ranges which takes the wing up to 25 degrees on the flat and 45 on the leading edge.

Below a few pictures from different angles:

^ The business end

^ Manufactured by

^ Adjuster plates being laser cut - we manufacture the dry pre-preg carbon fibre all in-house.

^ Another close-up but this time cutting a few parts for another product to be launched shortly.

^ Straight out of the Laser Cutter - no finishing is required and I have to say we are very proud of our new machining process which really is fitting of F1 production standards. We will be manufacturing with this process a lot more in the future with intent to offer unrivalled quality which our P-cars fittingly deserve.

As we have previously announced, we are making a true Carbon Fibre center section which can be specified as at a little extra cost. This will be available in 2 weeks time and I will post up pictures as soon as I have them. The center section will be finished to a high gloss finish rather than the matt look of the adjuster plates which we ensure will look exceptionally nice and will compliment some of the new interior and exterior C/F product we are currently working on.

We will also have this wing fitted to Beni’s red 951 over the next coming weeks so again I will post some picture then.

We have also started to take moulds of the OEM 968 side and rear trim panels so will shortly be able to offer our new TRS wing as a complete 10-piece kit ready to fit.

All fixing are included with the kit plus full fitting instructions as per usual.

And lastly we are also working on, and in the initial testing stages of developing the above TRS V2 wing except it will be powered and driven via the Motronics so that the wing will adjust automatically and at rapid speed so that the wing will lay flat during acceleration, extend dependent upon steering input and brake force through corner and straights plus we are also working on integrating an Air Brake into the system.

For those that do not know, the Bugatti Veyron which operates a similar system delivers more stopping power just from its wing brake than that of a standard new VW VW Passat – Again more will follow including how we will enhance the mounting points because we all know that this would get ripped right off if just secured to the hatch frame/glass under these circumstances. This is all part of our new D9 951/968 wide body race car project which is shortly to be launched (Beni I’m sure will update)

We hope you like and best regards to all,
Mark and Beni

Last edited by future; 04-04-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

WOW
That is a piece of Art !!
Hi Five !!
Old 03-06-2010, 05:40 PM
ritzblitz
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow this thing is sick.

Show us a picture at the full angle!
Old 03-06-2010, 05:49 PM
porcho heat
Pro

That is beautiful, and I want...
I hear Canada is a great place to move to, and to bring all your wonderful transaxle goodies to
Old 03-06-2010, 05:50 PM
hot-J
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where do I sent my money and how much?
Old 03-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Richgreenster
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! Looks great.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:01 PM
Joel8005
Burning Brakes

Price ???
Old 03-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

SO PRETTY!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Adonay
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I think i want one...
Old 03-06-2010, 07:11 PM
future
Banned

WOW
That is a piece of Art !!
Hi Five !!
Thanks mate much appreciated

Wow this thing is sick.

Show us a picture at the full angle!
Mate you’ll just have to wait unfortunately as our car features a lot of our new and yet to be released parts fitted to the front but I promise pictures will follow shortly plus fitted to a 951. The main problem we have with our 968 development car is that it’s riding high on stock suspension as we’ve not yet fitted the KW V3’s but will do very shortly as that’s next on the list – my excuse for no full car pics but it’s true. The cars fitted with proper speedline’s and the front is true 968 Turbo RS look. We next need to rip the engine out and fit a proper turbo unit to complete. The windows are proper wind-up and the interior is full 968 Turbo S spec

If you have not seen all the threads since we purchased the car which arrived to us as a wreck then I’ll post all the links here for everyone.

That is beautiful, and I want...
I hear Canada is a great place to move to, and to bring all your wonderful transaxle goodies to
Many thanks again for the compliments

Yes I to hear that Canada is a GREAT place and I would do anything to move there tomorrow. Honestly Canada is like a large Switzerland – Clean, beautiful scenery and first and foremost, great people – You guy’s seriously did your nation proud with the Winter Olympics

Where do I sent my money and how much?
That’s the biggy mate – but to be fair we have done everything we possibly can to keep the cost the same as per what we originally posted several months back. We as per always want to ensure that everybody can enjoy our products and at a cost which does not rival “launching the Shuttle” like a lot of the aftermarket products made for the newer P-cars. Our aim as long standing transaxle enthusiasts is to keep the interest in our cars going and for many years to come because they truly are special and one of the best kept secrets to P-car ownership

The price for the FRP version is 890 Euros and the C/F center section version is a little more at 1050 Euros. This unfortunately does not include the OEM 968 side and rear trim which are astronomically expensive at 280 Euros per side plus 300 for the center from Porsche, however having said that we have taken moulds of the OEM trim for all 944 owners. We have not come up with a final price yet but WE PROMISE that this will be VERY VERY fair and around 120 Euros. The 968 also features a rubber gasket which runs around the edges of the side trim. These we cannot supply but good news is that they are cheap from Porsche and OEM is always best. Ultimately they are not needed and I prefer the fitment without

Best regards,
Mark
Old 03-06-2010, 09:13 PM
hot-J
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what color is that car?
Old 03-06-2010, 09:48 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Future, I can't see any images from your server. Is anyone else in the same boat?

edit: they're displaying now.

Last edited by pontifex4; 03-07-2010 at 12:21 AM. Reason: status
Old 03-06-2010, 10:38 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome!!
Great work guys. That little gem is now on my list of to do's.

Do you have a ballpark on shipping cost state side?
Old 03-06-2010, 11:27 PM
FASTRNU
Pro

Super nice job guys!!!!!!Please sign me up for one,Thanks JOEL
Old 03-07-2010, 12:11 AM
alxdgr8
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Looks GREAT!!!
Going to start saving for one now, might take a while, haha.

Quick Reply: Deutsch Nine 968 Turbo RS Version 2 rear wing completed - Finally