Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Deutsch Nine 968 Turbo RS Version 2 rear wing completed - Finally

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 12:42 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great job. I've the Porsche Motorsport rear wing on my race car, which I like except for the maximum adjustment angle. Your piece offers a much broader range of adjustment.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:54 PM
savvas944
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 968 3 piece rear spoiler ,from Germany with 3 position settings,and it is great , except that the
fixing of it was bit tricky, on my 951 track car.

Has anyone experimented by sawing the std 968 one piece wing into 3 pieces and making it adjustable, like the motorsport
item, as i am of the opinion that the angle of the std fixed wing,in fact may promote lift at high speeds instead of downforce, and added drag as the car speed increases.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:54 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by savvas944
I have a 968 3 piece rear spoiler ,from Germany with 3 position settings,and it is great , except that the
fixing of it was bit tricky, on my 951 track car.

Has anyone experimented by sawing the std 968 one piece wing into 3 pieces and making it adjustable, like the motorsport
item, as i am of the opinion that the angle of the std fixed wing,in fact may promote lift at high speeds instead of downforce, and added drag as the car speed increases.
As you now realize, that's not made to fit a 944. A "standard" 968 spoiler is not as tall as the turbo, 3-piece wing. I don't know of anyone who has chopped the regular spoiler in 3. But, again, fitment on the 944, with 944 rear hatch trim, would be just as tricky. In any event, I seriously doubt that the 968 spoiler "promotes lift instead of downforce". It still is, afterall, a Porsche.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:56 PM
redbaron
Instructor

Was not familiar with 968 products available for DeutschNine - all I can say is wow. This makes it tempting to really start (external first) with the conversion to a 968 S or RS.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:09 PM
oceanvue
Instructor

I haven't been able to get on their website for 3 or 4 days (since I've been trying) Can someone post a pic of the wing. I'm not picking up the pics that came in on the first post either. Please/Thank you
Old 04-04-2010, 10:35 AM
future
Banned

I haven't been able to get on their website for 3 or 4 days (since I've been trying) Can someone post a pic of the wing. I'm not picking up the pics that came in on the first post either. Please/Thank you
oceanvue - We are currently experiencing intermittency issues with our hosting company which is resulting in us moving to another hosting provider early next week – something to do with our website residing on a bad range of I.P. Addresses which other are using for SPAM . I have uploaded the pictures to another server of ours so you should be able to see the images here and on the other thread posted over on the 951 board (link can be found in post #1).

Pictures of our Carbon Fibre version will be posted next week

Best regards,
Mark

Quick Reply: Deutsch Nine 968 Turbo RS Version 2 rear wing completed - Finally