Winter Purchase Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 04:45 AM
PorscheLVR
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter Purchase Question

Hi folks,

Seeing how I live in the great white north (Canada) and we're in the dead of winter with no signs of it melting soon, I have a question about purchasing a car during the winter months. I'm a little ahead of myself here. But lets assume I find a car and everything looks good concerning the car and the paperwork the seller has etc. and I'm at the stage where I want to get a PPI done (a must) and a test drive. What do you folks suggest I do?

Actually driving the car may be out of the question, especially when equipped with summer tires (certainly a safety factor involved). Not to mention the seller likely would not want the car driven. I suppose for a PPI I can trailer it or flat bed it. Would the PPI be sufficient indication with an inability to drive it?

Comments and suggestions are what I'm after. Has any one else ran into this issue? and what did you do?
Old 01-07-2010, 09:43 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

As per of a PPI, they are supposed to test drive a car. This should give them an idea on issues such as pinion bearing. Make sure you use a place that is familiar with our cars. Purchasing a car in the dead of winter could save you thousands.
Raj

Quick Reply: Winter Purchase Question