968 Forum 1992-1995

How rare is my car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 11:24 PM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I think the only Porsche that looks good with chrome wheels is a 356, and that's with chrome hubcaps. My dad on the other hand loves the chrome cup 2s he had on his 993 and 964, and plans to put them on his next 993. I say jank, he says dank, at least we both agree Porsches are cool.

Well I have to admit, the black 964 with magenta interior did look F'ing sexy with chrome cup2s.

Ramius, congrats on a sweet car. I really like that color. It could be called girly, but it isn't necessarily. It's interesting and captures one's gaze - it's a color that needs a moment to be understood. Very chic. If it were me I'd put on some dark wheels to anchor the color down, rather than silver which seems to amplify the sparkly nature of the color.

Very rare. Welcome! And good luck getting your 951 sorted out. I'm just about to build a 951 engine from scratch so I can see how intricate of a project it can be.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:20 AM
richard glickel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FRporscheman
If it were me I'd put on some dark wheels to anchor the color down, rather than silver which seems to amplify the sparkly nature of the color.

There you go! Black wheels would totally set off the black top and trim with that color and give the car an aggressive look.

Hey, someone out there - do a photoshop for us.

R.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Lovely car and color!
Old 07-30-2009, 07:41 PM
ramius665
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Guys, there's a reason that I love being a Porsche owner, and it's only partly because of the cars. In general, 968 owners have been much more open/friendly to us than 951 owners. Those owners usually get right into the "how much HP/TQ do you have, what mods do you have, etc" and all the 968 owners are just generally happy to see someone else enjoying a rare model.

Two weekends ago we entered our 968 into the "1st Annual Fort Belvoir Car Show" and took second in class behind a Triumph Spitfire. I can't get too worked up about it though, all we did was wash/wax the car and put her out on the lawn. The winner had just completed a full restoration. But it was AMAZING how many people came up to us to say either, "I've always wanted a Porsche" or "That is the best color I've ever seen on a car!" It was really neat to be basically mobbed by people, and I think it made all the muscle cars guys a little jealous.

Thanks again for welcoming us to the forum!

Quick Reply: How rare is my car?