968 Forum 1992-1995

Curvy canyon drive

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Curvy canyon drive

Boy, at times I do envy the SoCal crowd. I drove Topanga Canyon Drive all the way to the Pacific Coast Highway today (in the Mustang rental)-wow, what a blast. Adding to the fun was seeing a vintage Alfa Guilietta spider veloce coming towards me, followed a few minutes later by a Ferrari Boxer. Lots of nice cars on the drive to Malibu as well.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:26 PM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

How was the stang? I'm glad you didn't get a lame(r) rental like a oldsmobile or something. All of Cali is fantastic; the best roads I've ever seen are around Bear Mt. way east of LA.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:33 PM
midblue
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damian!?! Unbelievable that you show up in my backyard and not contact me! Topanga is great but believe me there are far better really close to where you were. We have some amazing roads that I hit on a regular basis that I would love to have shown to you. Next time!

Ron
94 coupe/6 speed
Old 03-12-2008, 03:20 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by midblue
Damian!?! Unbelievable that you show up in my backyard and not contact me! Topanga is great but believe me there are far better really close to where you were. We have some amazing roads that I hit on a regular basis that I would love to have shown to you. Next time!

Ron
94 coupe/6 speed
Wooo, look who came out of the hiding. Ron, how have you been?
Still the got your 968?
Raj
Old 03-12-2008, 04:32 PM
PorscheG96
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Wooo, look who came out of the hiding. Ron, how have you been?
Still the got your 968?
Raj
Yeah how about that! What's up Ron???
Old 03-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry Ron, I'm on a very tight schedule, otherwise I would've given a shout out-no free time this trip-today I'm in Beverly Hills doing some training, dinner at Craft tonight then back in Topanga-morning training tomorrow, thenflying back Thursday pm. I may be returning back at the end of the month, and on that trip I'll make sure I get some time off to visit.

The Mustang is a bit heavy, but not too difficult to drive.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:32 PM
rpm's S2
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I did the same road and area in a Mustang convertible rental last spring. I was stunned at how flexible and shakey that thing was. Fun nevertheless! Safe travels.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:57 PM
midblue
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bad on me as I has been lurking around here for the last month. It was good to see all you guys so active and it was good to get caught up with things until today when I saw Damains post. I had to post! Let me know when you are here and I'll show you some SWEET roads you'll never forget. Craft is great- you will be eating well tonight! Got ressies at the new Citrus on Saturday and can't wait.

Trevor- I was really excited to see you are a 968 owner again...black! Looks great....congrats!

Raj- I have been a neglectful 968 owner (my car would sit for months at a time in storage) until recently when I finally found a mechanic/shop I trust who seem to know what they are doing. I had the chain and pads done on the Variocam (they were toast....one more reason the car wasn't driven much) and I got a new set of shoes (sweet). My car just turned over 120K and is still running strong although I am burning through some oil. I detailed it last weekend and it is still looking sharp.

I'll be around and thanks for the warm welcome.

Ron
94 coupe/6 speed

Last edited by midblue; 03-12-2008 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:39 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Ron, great to see you here. I hope you no longer plan to lurk and will be an active participant .
I might be heading to SoCal soon as well.
Raj

Quick Reply: Curvy canyon drive