Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

How fast is your 968?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 11:09 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm working on it now Kevin. The tranny's going to cost me 5 figures so I had to save for it.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:18 PM
PorscheG96
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CarbonRevo
Anyone willing to host some videos on youtube for me?

If someone can host these on youtube, PM your email address and I will get them sent asap.
Dude, anyone can post for free on youtube. Making an account and uploading a clip takes 5 min!

Last edited by PorscheG96; 02-03-2008 at 02:12 AM.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:20 AM
rdhayward
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sooooooo, if I were to get on I-70 tonight from my present location, Columbus, Ohio, and drive to Grand Junction, CO, how long would that take me in your car? lol
Old 02-03-2008, 01:35 AM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I can get these up as these prove my car is going faster then 120mph in 4th gear. For some odd reason, I had first thought my 140mph run was at 6500 revs. I was wrong. I had the same girl passenger tonight, and she wanted to go fast. We got on I-70 and proceeded to let 4th ride out. We came to about 135mph and had to slow for traffic. Once this guy moved, I got back on it and hit 143mph. This was not caught on video as it was night time...but I will have a +140mph run on video before long.
You don't need to prove anything. What you need to do is take your car to the track. If you keep doing this kind of stuff on the street its only a matter of time until you hurt yourself or someone else. Go sign up for for some high speed instruction on the track. You'll have a lot of fun and also learn how much you don't know. Trust me, it will be a real eye opener.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:16 AM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

G96- I would do this, but I cannot upload anything over 60kb to sites. Even on rennlist, I can only upload 60kb files...but emails I can do a couple MB's. I don't know what the problem is.

RD haywayd...Not sure how long it would take. Kind of depends on how big your nuts are I guess

Jim- This was on a track

All kidding aside, I do realize this. She tryed to talk me into going again, and that's where I drew the line. I'm not trying to ush my luck...and I do walk the line when I do these careless acts that are endangering others. I'm not oblivious to your statements and have no excuses. Can't run from the truth. I plan on tracking this summer.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:41 AM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

All kidding aside, I do realize this. She tryed to talk me into going again, and that's where I drew the line. I'm not trying to ush my luck...and I do walk the line when I do these careless acts that are endangering others. I'm not oblivious to your statements and have no excuses. Can't run from the truth. I plan on tracking this summer.
IMO, she suggested that because she thought that's what you wanted to do. I've instructed many girls on the track, and none of them have the same need for high risk speed that guys do. Next time just drive her home and get busy with her. Much more fun, and much safer.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:53 AM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

O know. I asked her if she wanted to go fast. lol

But thankfully you're not trying to councel me a lot on this. Most people play a broken record. I understand everything that can go wrong, and that it isn't a wise decision at any rate. Therefor I'm not trying to make an excuse for it. I would be ready to accept consquences if they came due to the decision I made.

O, and...I did go home a get busy with her!
Old 02-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

The debate about my S2 can be over now. It's been confirmed that my car has a 951 trans. So I was right all along!
Not about the transmission in your car

Quick Reply: How fast is your 968?