968 Forum 1992-1995

Has the 968fourms site been set adrift?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 09:49 PM
luckett
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stolarzj
It's free flowing over there, don't let the anti Flash people over here make you think otherwise.
Who is this flash guy you keep talking about?
Old 01-18-2008, 01:58 AM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was notified this evening of this thread. Sorry to disappoint those who had conspiracy theories. I validated 84 members out of about a 700 in the queue. This was after Joel sent me a pleading email sent to my personal corporate email address. I truly felt guilty for letting him hang for so long. I stopped what I was doing and went through and validated people for an hour. All of these accounts were pending validation and most were spammers. I started a new position 6 weeks ago running an entire sales organization with an agenda to completely rebrand the company and implement new systems of automation. In parallel higher a new staff and continue with day to day sales efforts while traveling all over the country. Needless to say I have been limited on free time. Actually free time has been non existent. I do apologize to everyone who has been waiting to get validated. It was never my intention to have it get this bad.

The good news... I trained the new owners yesterday on the back end system. It's not too complicated and they get it. So validating should now be conducted on a daily basis per their comments.

It was a fun ride but I said this a long time ago, I would not abandon the site like .net. I really do believe the right set of guys are in place to continue what I started. The site needs to evolve with community and I was no longer able to support the growth.

Good luck to the site, the new owners and the loyal members. I encourage all of you to leave the past behind you, grow up and be the better person. The 968 community is too small to sweat the small stuff. All of you are good people and it was my pleasure.

PS. I am Porscheless I have had my E55 for almost a year after selling the TTX50. Overall It's been one of my favorite cars to own. I am now anxious to see if MB TT's the E63 as rumored Not sure when I will be back in the Porsche community but I will be back someday CGT???.

Again thanks for the memories!

Last edited by SANDOVAL; 01-18-2008 at 02:19 AM.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:55 PM
rpm's S2
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks to Eric for such a great job and best of luck. Can we expect MercedesEForums when you get some spare time????

It has been somewhat sad watching this post. So many old wounds and all so unnecessary. I have been less involved in either forum over the past few months and was surprised at the negative feelings that jumped out with so little prompting.

A few observations from a guy who has been on Rennlist since 2001 or so and was the 18th member of 968Forums:

1. Both this site and 968Forums are excellent sources for tech info and camraderie. Between the two reside most of the 968 experts on the planet. I use both and will continue to do so.
2. Eric did a great job with Forums and I expect, will accept, nothing less from the new ownership group.
3. The reason some newer folks don't recognize the name Flash is that he was banned from this site a while back in a dispute over sponsorship/product endorsements fueled by old animosities. Maybe fair, maybe not. I respected John D's decision, but the others involved probably should have gotten the same treatment. As you can tell from this thread they have not dropped the knives.

Anyway, best of luck to the new crowd, and remember - you cannot please all of the people all of the time.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:38 PM
luckett
Three Wheelin'

I've been around as long as you have and lost interest in all 968 forums for a couple of years due to the juvenile behavior that persisted. I chose to become active here again because there is no bickering here and everyone acts like an adult.

Eric's site did meet a vital need in the transition of the community from 968.net, and we should all thank him for that great effort.

It's not an "us against them" situation. We all get to pick our friends in life. I'm finding, after a bit of time away from being active on all 968 forums, that there many great guys here. Life's too short for pulling dead weight around...
Old 01-18-2008, 09:04 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 01-18-2008, 10:42 PM
luckett
Three Wheelin'

Good, the horse is finally dead people.
Attached Images  
Old 01-19-2008, 04:41 PM
H2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks, Eric. You're a class act and did a lot for the 968 community. Good luck on your new endeavor.

BTW, a fellow who works for me has a new Mercedes Twin Turbo. To say that it's cushy is an understatement and it's fast. However, it does not have the raw roadfeel that the Pcars have.

H2
Attached Images    
Old 01-23-2008, 02:41 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Seems as though, much to some peoples grief (john doe and others?) that forums is alive and apparently having more traffic then ever.

The new layout is a major improvement. So, I would say it was not "set adrift" but reinvigorated better than ever.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:49 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokiemon944
Seems as though, much to some peoples grief (john doe and others?) that forums is alive and apparently having more traffic then ever.

The new layout is a major improvement. So, I would say it was not "set adrift" but reinvigorated better than ever.
Surprisingly, you still seem to like it here even though its obvious where your preference lies.
I thought people were gonna just let this go, but I guess not.
Raj
Old 01-23-2008, 03:28 PM
luckett
Three Wheelin'

why can't we just let this thread die a peaceful death people?
Old 01-24-2008, 04:30 PM
968workaholic
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick Reply: Has the 968fourms site been set adrift?