What do you have planned for this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 12:32 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lemming
I'm running a stock 944S2 flywheel and the harmonic damper; the engine is all 968. Plus, I live in Alabama, what makes you think I have teeth?
Too funny.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:51 PM
968workaholic
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like your sense of humor Tim. I was always curious how well a super trapp muffler would work on these cars. It would be the ideal setup for guys that are doing DE's. Quiet off the track, but it could sound like a racecar when you take a few discs out. Unfortunately it sounds like less discs means less power, unless there aren't any in there at all. I look forward to hearing some more about your dyno test results.

Last edited by 968workaholic; 09-03-2007 at 02:13 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 968workaholic
I like your sense of humor Tim. I was always curious how well a super trapp muffler would work on these cars. It would be the ideal setup for guys that are doing DE's. Quiet off the track, but it could sound like a racecar when you take a few discs out. Unfortunately it sounds like less discs means less power, unless there aren't any in there at all. I look forward to hearing some more about your dyno test results.
It's the opposite, add discs and you add flow and sound. Remove discs and you choke the flow and decrease sound.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:40 PM
968workaholic
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok my mistake. I have never used a super trapp, so i was just guessing. But the muffler could be a major crowd pleaser of it works out on your car.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Two pics from this weekends work.

1st is the new fiberglass nose panel. This is one of the pieces that I have collected prior so far in my quest to keep dropping weight. It mounted right up, but clearly doesn't fit with the 924S fenders well. That's ok, I have 944 fiberglass fenders waiting to go on as well, but that won't be done for a few months. Paint is also not the best match, but entire car will be repainted this fall/winter.

2nd, the supertrapp. Exhaust system is homemade and I don't have anything to bend pipe with, so it's not pretty at the moment. However, I'm more concerned with functionality for the track car.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: What do you have planned for this weekend