LRP PCA Club Races

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 11:58 AM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default LRP PCA Club Races

Hi All,

Just wanted to give everyone here a short report on how well 2 members of the 968 forum did in their rookie races at the PCA club race at Lime Rock Park on Saturday.

Joe Mansfield (93 firehawk 968) after a very hairy start where the poll sitter got sideways in the middle of turn 1, AND EVERYONE MANAGED TO AVOID HITTING THAT CAR - just amazing, finished 7th in the competitive "E" class and 19th out of 32 race entrants. Joe looked smooth out there.

Norman Mandell (Cooz) did even better in his race! Norm finished 5th in the VERY competitive "F" stock class and 9th overall out of 34 entrants!! Except for one little miscue when the ABS kicked in at the end of the front straight and he utilized the escape road at the end of the straight, Norm drove a flawless race and looked like a champion.

Great day at LRP to watch and root for our 968 homeboyz. Congrats to "Cooz" & "93 Firehawk 968"!!
Old 04-30-2007, 03:40 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Great experience for the first race but I only wish E class ran with F and lower. It's an amazing experience with 997 and 996 Cup Cars all around you. I will say lap times in DE will not always reflect in the race setting. You choose your lines in DE but not in racing. Cars ahead and behind you control where you go during the race. You're either protecting your spot or trying to go around someone. It was a great experience to learn all the lines at LR, including ones I never knew existed.

DE will be rather boring after experiencing the race setting but will provide an opportunity to drive off line fast

Norm started and finished real strong despite a very soft break pedal!

Can't wait until the next race!
Old 04-30-2007, 04:06 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 93 FireHawk 968
Great experience for the first race but I only wish E class ran with F and lower.
Can't wait until the next race!
I know what you mean as SP3 runs with E, but with F and lower in the Enduro. At least that's how it appeared at LRP. This can change from race to race, depending on the number of entrants, etc. But, F and E are popular groups and to combine them would make for WAY too many cars on track for the same race.

Since SP3 is grouped with E, at least we will get out there together at Watkins Glen.

Again, real nice showing for your rookie race. Not unexpected however, as you are a fine driver.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:20 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I have seen that firehwak car in person at Precision Motorsports. Its amazing, beautiful car.
Raj

Quick Reply: LRP PCA Club Races