968 Forum 1992-1995

replacing/removing pop up headlights

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Grandpa#3
Three Wheelin'

Location: Hawkinsville / Perry, Georgia, RETIRED USAF GO BLUE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That car looks like it should be a Pimp-Mobile and asking way too much.

Cheers,
Larry
Old 08-14-2011, 02:13 PM
John Etnier
Rennlist Member

I want to say Jane Birkin...?
I have a mad crush on Charlotte Gainsbourg fwiw...
Old 08-14-2011, 07:15 PM
ramius665
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sydneyman2007
man im so tired of seeing that car... while i appreciate the rarity, whats been done to it since it left Porsche is disgusting... with the sole exception of the lights... i don't like the grill insert, wheels (design is great, it looks like the sport classic design...) are too big, the doors are ridiculous...

blech...
Chris,
I almost got banned from 968forums for saying that car looks like it belongs in a rap video. Turns out the owner is black, apparently I'm racist.

My wife adores that magenta/amethyst color combination but she knows that I'll never support buying it. I just couldn't bring myself to turn wrenches on it.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:49 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ramius665
Chris,
I almost got banned from 968forums for saying that car looks like it belongs in a rap video. Turns out the owner is black, apparently I'm racist.

My wife adores that magenta/amethyst color combination but she knows that I'll never support buying it. I just couldn't bring myself to turn wrenches on it.
wow... that sounds about right though... (coming from 968forums...)

that'd be the problem for me too... we've got a dd ford fusion but i'll never attempt to learn about any of it's mechanics... losing money giving it to the dealer or indy but i just can't bring myself to it...

...racist...
Old 08-14-2011, 10:02 PM
HomerMAC
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol. I dont mind the outside (smaller rims IMHO). But the inside is way too wonka factory for me. Maybe the pictures dont do justice. I have been looking at 968s... and this one was on the radar. Soon as I scrolled down to the interior pictures, I closed out the window.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:41 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 213 Likes on 153 Posts

can't wait to start ripping up these fenders.

Originally Posted by HomerMAC
lol. I dont mind the outside (smaller rims IMHO). But the inside is way too wonka factory for me. Maybe the pictures dont do justice. I have been looking at 968s... and this one was on the radar. Soon as I scrolled down to the interior pictures, I closed out the window.

first, if the Lambo doors had never been done and after dumping those fully horrific 19s for a nice set of 18" SSR's (or insert your favorites)..... and if interior had been highlighted in magenta (in moderation), then the result would have been markedly improved.... examples; the upper dash in black, black CS steering wheel, black shift lever boot, and then, lose the silly Porsche crests on the seats.... (and revert back to a black convertable top) — and you're home...... if all that stuff had been done in the beginning, the car would be a smash for (especially) for a gorgeous), African American woman. we have women with just the right skin tones for these exotic colors. just my 0.02....

Quick Reply: replacing/removing pop up headlights