968 Forum 1992-1995

HP on 968 Turbo replicas?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 03:03 PM
Jason Judd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My mistake,

We were using the one which bolts to the hub, so I guess it's the Dynopack.

Damian, I know you've gone through this with Deman. I just don't know what's what for a comparable.

Jason
Old 11-24-2004, 03:10 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Jason, if you are using the dynapack then you are getting low numbers like Damian unless they have figured it out. In Damian's case they were approx 10-12% below numbers he got on a dynojet. I will be dynoing my car on a dynojet for that reason as well.
Sounds like you have better numbers than the turbo S including torque. If they still use the same method, I suggest adding a total of 25-27% to get engine numbers.
Raj
Old 11-24-2004, 03:10 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Jason, with between 236 and 239 hp, 15% driveline loss gives you around 200 and change rwhp. I got 205 on a Dynojet, with hp and torque peaks in the correct rev location. The Dynapak gave me around 180hp, with the hp and torque location way off. That's why I asked Konstantin about driveline loss, according to Dynapak its over 25%.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:05 PM
flash968
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

danged impressive no mater which way you look at it though

that being said, don't get too hung up in the numbers - you can really only use the dyno to measure what you are doing that day at that time, without a whole lot of measuring of conditions

go to the dinan site and read the 20 page article about dynomometers and testing - it will explain this very well - there is no way to compare dynos without comparing all conditions like differential temps, air temps, engine temps, humidity and such - if you are using a dyno that has rollers, you also need to measure strap tension and tire pressure - the diff temp alone can make for as much as a 20hp change in readings uncorrected

good tools, but not anything final by any means
Old 11-25-2004, 01:22 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

you can have MORE HP on the wheel or you can have less HP on the wheel. It depends on the dyno. A good dyno can calculate this corectly. Put a 217 HP 951 and it should give you about 217 HP
or put a 968 and you should have about 237 HP. If so then do the etst with your 3L Turbo the same day on teh same dyno.
The most expensive thing on a dyno is the software not the dyno it self.
Porsche VW etc use MAHA.
we see every year the 10 HP increase that the factory claim on the GT3 cup cars and be sure the cup car has this power. It is checked on every race at least 3 times per weekend.

Konstantin
go to http://www.maha.de/ and check them.
if you got wrong results on this dyno then it is because of the user. you will see tha the wheel HP on MAHA is much less than what in the US get on dynojet etc but at the end the calculation gives the right FWHP
Old 11-25-2004, 01:26 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

to make it easier for you: ask this guy http://www.maha.de/datenbank/h_nord_am.asp
where to find one and go there and messure the Power on the DIN 70020 NORM as Porsche and all European car manufacturers do.

Konstantin

Quick Reply: HP on 968 Turbo replicas?