968 Forum 1992-1995

RM Sotheby 968 offered no reserve

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 11:35 AM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Waterloo
So if you get a clear bra installed, is that part of the value of the car Jeff?

Just kidding! But I don't think the "auction fee" should be included in the sale price of the car. It's a variable.
It doesn't look like a variable according to the published results (see below). That is the figure the buyer had to write on the check he wrote to R&M to buy the car.

Old 03-10-2020, 02:10 PM
jsheiry
Rennlist Member

Received 213 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Z
Sean Ratts from the 928 FB page mentioned that Richard Griot bought this car.... My response was that perhaps he needs a matching cab? LOL!
Chuck your car is amazing, I thought I saw you had for sale some time back? It would be Amazing +1 with a set of Cup 1's on it
Old 03-10-2020, 09:55 PM
Yogii
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by jsheiry
Chuck your car is amazing, I thought I saw you had for sale some time back? It would be Amazing +1 with a set of Cup 1's on it

there is a set on BAT right now. 17Inch Cup1's.

-Yogii
AKA 968 Novice
Old 03-11-2020, 11:23 AM
docmirror
Shameful Thread Killer
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Waterloo
So if you get a clear bra installed, is that part of the value of the car Jeff?

Just kidding! But I don't think the "auction fee" should be included in the sale price of the car. It's a variable.
It's a sad thing, but most states require the commission of the purchase to be included as the sold price. This is a scam for states to see increased revenue on the taxable part of the car. If one looks at the sticker price of a new car, you don't see a line item for salesman commission, but it's in there, and the buyer pays tax on the actual cost of the vehicle, plus the commission to the sales agent. I'm quite sure the auction houses do the same thing. The 'sold price' or 'hammer price' is NOT what determines the taxable value, and it stinks that the state gets away with it.

I buy and sell a lot of RE, and I always cut the commission check, escrow fee, recording fee, and tax charge separate from the purchase price. Most home buyers don't understand that ALL those garbage fees are included in the taxable value for state prop tax. I've saved prolly $20k in prop taxes over the years. But - getting the escrow to write up the sale that was is always a problem. I have to explain several times that I'm not interested in being taxed on fees and taxes added to the price of the actual property and improvements.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:54 PM
Chuck Z
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by jsheiry
Thanks John. Still for sale. Not trying all that hard to sell it.... I agree, it would look great with 17" cups (I think Cup II's tho ). I've got so much $ in to the car at this point, I'm not going to keep digging. LOL
Old 03-14-2020, 04:27 PM
rol607
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Z
Thanks John. Still for sale. Not trying all that hard to sell it.... I agree, it would look great with 17" cups (I think Cup II's tho ). I've got so much $ in to the car at this point, I'm not going to keep digging. LOL

I feel for you Chuck, I am buried into my ‘92 Coupe. What wheel is that on the cab? I love it.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:40 AM
Chuck Z
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by rol607
I feel for you Chuck, I am buried into my ‘92 Coupe. What wheel is that on the cab? I love it.
Thanks. It's such a beautiful car, I'm okay if I have to keep it.... The wheel is a 18" Carrera III. I do have a 15mm spacer on the rear.
Old 03-22-2020, 11:04 PM
HOF Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Eyeman
Nice car and price. How many sub 10k, sub 20k, etc 968 ya'll think are out there?
That sale price is great news....Mine has sub 25k miles

Quick Reply: RM Sotheby 968 offered no reserve