Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Would Anyone Buy My 968?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 01:51 PM
iborroel
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

panzer grey: Nothing is worong with the car. I had mentioned in the 944 Turbo forum that at times I see another Porsche and I think to myself 'What Can I Do To Get This Car?". I would gladly keep this car but I am sure the my wife and wallet wouldn't like it too much if I had 3+ Porsches and an Audi. So that is the reason for asking if someone would buy my 968. I always see Porsches that I would like to have. It's a never ending cycle.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:36 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. 968TurboS- are you SURE the tiptronics were not offered w/an optional LSD? I wasn't aware of that...

2. Koirra- that's one reason I was asking about the seats- I often see people list "power seats" or something to that effect & then ask "which seats are they specifically?" & the person normally doesn't have a clue what I'm getting at- I would say that MY Turbo S seats are "8-way elec adj seats w/Porsche script cloth middles" or something VERY similar- in that vein, the ones I really want are "12-way elec adj & heated SPORT seats." Koirra- are your's sport seats? Are they heated? What year & type of car do you have? 12-way elec adj any-type-of-seats are pretty rare though, so they have to be semi-cool...

3. I'm still wondering about the "lumbar" thing....?

4. panzer grey- as far as MY HS career went, I don't remember thinking ANY of the girls I played with were bad lays, but, then, I really wasn't the best judge of good or bad lays anyway- I remember it more like: if she put out, she was good & if she didn't, she was bad... Wait a sec, let me rephrase that- if she put out FOR ME- since I was the ONLY one any of them EVER had done that with b/c I was SOOOO special, etc, etc, etc.. I know what you mean about the car- I thought that myself at first, but, I think he was just putting out a line to get an idea of what MIGHT happen IF he tried to sell it, but, then, what do I know?

5. iborroel- What kind of Audi do you already have? Any OTHER Porsches at this time?
Old 02-26-2004, 02:43 PM
iborroel
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Robby: My power seat knowledge is minimal. I prefer manual myself. All I can say is that each seat has three different controls on the side with four directions for each. If memory serves 4x3=12. So are these 12 way adjustable? They are not heated though. The last control on the seat is what controls the lumbar on the seat. I also have an 86 944 Turbo DE Car and a 2002 Audi TT ALMS. I had a 964 but got rid of it for this beautiful 968.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:08 PM
koirra
Track Day

Iborroel:

Thats how I calculated mine to be 12-way. Hope I did it right.
How did you get yours to be 8? Or I see, 8+lumbarsupport. makes sense.

Robby:

How do I know if they are sports? they give good support but thats all I can really say.

Erkki
Old 02-26-2004, 05:32 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Erkki, there might be a guy in need of a complete head on this forum. Did you read the post regarding ticking sound?
Raj
Old 02-26-2004, 05:37 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

iborroel- you did it right- your's are 12-way elec adj- you have the three rounded/squarish controls w/4-way control on each one- some cars have only two of those circle controls w/only up & down on each one, so they are only 2-way on each one, which makes them 4-way elec adj- mine have two circles but all 4 directions of each one are power, so, 8-way elec adj... Sounds like you've got some prettty nice features- about the worst part of these damn seats is their lack of lumbar support & the fact that you have adj lumbar takes care of that. Also, an AudiTT- man, that's too bad- I feel sorry for you...

Sport seats have MUCH deeper bolsters- I'll try to post a pic here....

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/sport_seats.jpg

okay....

It worked.... WOOOHOOOO!
Old 02-26-2004, 05:41 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

THOSE are sport seats- I'm sure you've nocited the huge bolsters- this is a Rennlisters car- a white S2- can't remember the guys name, but, he's sent me a few pics of his car & it's VERY nice....
Old 02-26-2004, 10:25 PM
user 8430
Banned

Panzer love those analogies!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2004, 07:01 AM
koirra
Track Day

Raj, haven't read that thread yet. Been quite busy and the thread is rather long so I've had to save it for tonight. Thanks for the hint.

Robby, my seats sure arent that sport!!! Bugger, I had little hope that I could have sports seats but I suppose not.

Erkki
Old 02-28-2004, 07:06 AM
koirra
Track Day

Raj, haven't read that thread yet. Been quite busy and the thread is rather long so I've had to save it for tonight. Thanks for the hint.

Robby, my seats sure arent that sport!!! Bugger, I had little hope that I could have sports seats but I suppose not.

Erkki

Quick Reply: Would Anyone Buy My 968?