Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

new to me 92 968

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 04:54 PM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 118 Posts

Wow, I wonder if prices or up or time of year? Good luck with the car!
Old 07-12-2019, 08:00 AM
rap
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are in for a fun time. Don’t stint on required maintenance. Pay me now or pay me later. Later always costs much more!
Old 07-12-2019, 08:41 AM
No.15
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by royalschwarz
From Maryland to the furthest west you can get in Iowa (1200 miles) was $1450. UShip started at $1600 and after about a week they were down to $1200. Intercity (enclosed) quoted me $2900 but it would be a month before they could do it (not that I would ever go for that).

Needless to say I was shocked at how expensive it was because everyone online insisted it would be under a grand. Especially considering that it was a straight shot through on I-80 pretty much the entire way. For poop and laughter I got a quote from MD to CA...$1600. I just can't believe more than double the miles is basically the same price taking the exact same route. But it is what it is. In the future if I ever buy a car half way across the country I'll beg, borrow or rent a truck and trailer and tow it myself.
I just had a car shipped from Portland Oregon to Tampa Fl for ~2300 by plycar. I had other quotes from brokers that were in the 1500 range. That was about 60 days ago. Last week the winner of my bat action shipped a car from me to Kansas city for 1000 bucks. So your quotes seem a little on the high side . It took plycar a week to pick my car up and it sat in LA for almost a week so I guess you have to factor that.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:38 AM
DSMblue
Three Wheelin'

Received 176 Likes on 136 Posts

When I had ours shipped to me last December from Salt Lake City to Des Moines, it was $550. Communication was OK, not as good as I hoped, but not completely terrible either. First person just quit, broker had to get another person to pickup and deliver, only took one extra week. Not a big problem since it was winter anyway. LIke you, it has been an interesting ride since I got the car. Didn't expect everything to be perfect, but it's always interesting to see shortcuts that prior owners took when fixing issues. Mostly have them sorted out, just trying to figure out parasitic drain on battery and determine if alarm system is fully functional. Electrical issues are trying, even with factory diagrams. If you are ever coming to Des Moines, let me know, would love to meet up! I also have an 87 NA, and plan to make that my post-retirement restoration project. It has been my DD for the past 28 years, and continues in that capacity until I sort the remaining issues on the 968.

Jeff

Quick Reply: new to me 92 968