968 Forum 1992-1995

London visit

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 03:43 PM
Heyou
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Damian in NJ
HoooEEEEE! Blasting around Bedford Autodrome, sideways in a Riv Blue Clubsport on slicks, or in a very nice white coopaay, as they say over on this side of the pond-I had a very nice reception, Nick was very kind to taxi me around from Heathrow to the country and back to London-nothing like a lot of hot laps in 968's to shake off the jet lag! Throw in a couple of PCGB magazines, including the 200th issue, a bottle of champers courtesy of Paul, and it was a wonderful day meeting up with people I've only know over the net. Heyou even asked me if my cab had 993T lightened flywheel-too funny for words! I'll give a fuller report when I get home. Cheers, and tallyho from London . . .
Great meeting you Damian and fact that you made it to the trackday with us, sorry i couldn't resist saying something with the phrase "lightened flywheel" in it when i first met you

If i seemed a little pre-occupied, it's probably because i was recovering from the last blast round that great circuit or me thinking about going out again and how i might get through the back straight chicane flat in 4th.

This was my first proper track day and was really usefull having other 968 drivers there to go round in their cars or them coming out with me and pointing out where i could go quicker. Every lap of every session i was going quicker and that brought a smile to my face that just wouldn't go away, so you could tell that i really enjoyed myself and even though it was freezing with all that wind chill in between the sessions, the day seemed to pass all too quickly - when at 5pm the chequered flag was shown and track closed and i had to get some new tyres fitted at the circuit facilities so i could make it home on legal rubber.

Everyone there seemed to be on a high, smilling and just happy to be there, a very nice atmoshpere and meeting up with a great bunch of 968'ers - Damian, Paul, Nick, James & Dave

Regards

Del

Quick Reply: London visit