Auto - Manual conversion - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Auto - Manual conversion

Old 02-11-2019, 01:43 AM
oz968
User

Default Auto - Manual conversion

Gents
If I had access to a complete manual conversion from a 1984 944 with the 5 speed box to include any and all associated parts to complete the conversion would it fit or is it a no goer.
Alternatively he has the 6 speed box from a CS manual but doesn't have all the bits to do the conversion...can I mix n match to include the 6 speed conversion.

I just cannot come to grips with the 4 spd auto...its a slug and even driving it in manual mode its not real good

Peter
Old 02-11-2019, 09:41 AM
jsheiry
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have a number of the 6 spd conversion parts. Trans crossmember & mount, shift rod, shifter.

I would also expect John Graves from Just Joshin Porsche Parts to have nearly everything you may need as he has recently parted a 968 or two.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:14 PM
oz968
User

Originally Posted by jsheiry View Post
I have a number of the 6 spd conversion parts. Trans crossmember & mount, shift rod, shifter.

I would also expect John Graves from Just Joshin Porsche Parts to have nearly everything you may need as he has recently parted a 968 or two.
That makes get a lil excited but when you shop from a number of sources you don't get the benefit of a bundle deal and he wants $6500 for about half the parts and doesn't have a RHD pedal box.
I feel its going to be $10k worth of parts etc...and it makes no sense to pay that sort of coin.
Love the car but better off selling it and starting again.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:33 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Do a search here in this section. There are a couple of posts that relate to this topic. PorscheG96 has done the conversion and can offer first hand experience.

https://rennlist.com/forums/968-foru...rsion-kit.html

The most recent old thread on this topic.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:32 PM
oz968
User

Originally Posted by Jay Wellwood View Post
Do a search here in this section. There are a couple of posts that relate to this topic. PorscheG96 has done the conversion and can offer first hand experience.

https://rennlist.com/forums/968-foru...rsion-kit.html

The most recent old thread on this topic.
Thank you I will look it up

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: